USMLE Forums banner

Is it useful to solve all the NBME test to ace the exam or it will be waste of money

Tags
nbme-
4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr.Sidd 
#1 ·
hi there

so for nbme 7 forms

will it do anything good if i decide to buy the whole 7 forms

or it will be waste of money

cause i heard that is better to do form 1,6 and 7 cause it is most similar to the exam

dont get from my question that i dont know where to spent my money
but it is just aiming to ace the exam in concern me

thanks

#2 ·
You could buy all the exams and not see 1 question from them. The NBMEs are set up to see where you are at in your studies. Its better to do them as you study. say 1 month into the study, then 2 weeks before the exam. usually people who get at least a 450-500 will take the exam.. Anything below the 450 mark will be a risk at failing.

#3 ·
My opinion

In my opinion I think there's no need to do all the NBME questions.

One or two forms are enough.

The NBME should help you predict your score and give you an idea on how the exam looks like.

It should not be used for learning simply because "there are no explanations to the answers"

#5 ·
hi there

so for nbme 7 forms

will it do anything good if i decide to buy the whole 7 forms

or it will be waste of money

cause i heard that is better to do form 1,6 and 7 cause it is most similar to the exam

dont get from my question that i dont know where to spent my money
but it is just aiming to ace the exam in concern me

thanks
I have the same opinion as it looks that others have. I would use NBMEs to test your knowledge. USMLEworld and kaplan (and others) have the good explanations so those are the banks you use for studying purposes.

#6 ·
I'd only take the latest NBME which is NBME-7. But take it only a few days before your exam to really predict your performance. I think the earlier forms are almost obsolete by now. The exam format is updated every 6 months or may be less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.