USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody,

I am really not sure about the materials which is really useful for pathology for USMLE step 1.

I don't have much time and I am planing to study pathology from, first aid, USMLE world, Kaplan Q bank and Goljan's audio lectures .

What do you think ? is that enough? any suggestions?

Waiting your response as soon as possible.

regards
Coffee22

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do you still have your primary pathology textbook from medical school? You'll need something to look things up in, and none of your sources really fits the bill...

How much time do you have? How much do you know and just need to review, and how much do you need to really learn?

Good luck in your studies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your response, in medical schools lots of subject not covered well and just studying the most common subject , so not really helpful.

Goljan's rapid review is too much nearly 700 pages [that's impossible ]:(.

So after reading a lot of suggestions and opinions from others, I think Goljan's audio lectures with high yield notes, USMLE world and Qbank more than enough. , so what do you think??

I think if I did Goljan's audio and high yield notes+kaplan Qbank+ usamle world , so no need of First aid patho..

waiting your suggestions and idea.

i know one of my friends who just studied first aid and usmle world , he got 97 without any other books even Gojan's .

waiting your response as soon as possible

regards
Coffee22

·
Registered
557 Posts
thanks for your response, in medical schools lots of subject not covered well and just studying the most common subject , so not really helpful.

Goljan's rapid review is too much nearly 700 pages [ that's impossible ]:(.

so after reading alot of suggestions and opinions from others, i think Goljon's audio lectures with high yield notes, usamle world and Qbank more than enough. , so what do you think??

i think if i did Goljn's audio and high yield notes+kaplan Qbank+ usamle world , so no need of Fisrt aid patho..

waiting your suggestions and idea.

i know one of my friends who just studied first aid and usamle world , he got 97 without any other books even Gojon's .

waiting your respons as soon as possible

regards
Coffee22
If you have a strong Path background, for sure that might be enough. However, don't write off Goljan RR completely. I don't know how much time you have, but if it's 700 pages and you read 50 pages a day (which I think is doable), you could get through it in two weeks. That's actually my plan, and I'll be doing questions as I read it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
thanks guys for your response,

any other opinions and suggestions from other members ??

waiting
Hey if you don't have much time, I assume you can try to listen to Goljan but my friends that have taken the exam recently and in the past year keep telling me that Goljan is low yield. I think its more about UWorld now. Goljan will help you to understand the material but I think the major thing is FA and UWorld..to put it all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts