USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMGs Participating in 2011 Match Should Apply for Step 2 CS Now

(posted January 25, 2010)
International medical students/graduates and graduates of Fifth Pathway programs who plan to participate in the 2011 Match (in March 2011) are reminded that they must take Step 2 CS by December 31, 2010. As published in the 2010 Step 2 Clinical Skills Schedule for Reporting Results, if you do not take Step 2 CS by December 31, 2010, your result will not be available in time to participate in the 2011 Match.

If you need to pass Step 2 CS to participate in the 2011 Match, you are strongly encouraged to apply for Step 2 CS now. If you do not register early and schedule a test date as soon as possible, you may not be able to obtain a test date in 2010.

At the time of this writing, the earliest available test date at any test center was in April 2010. It is expected that demand for testing appointments in the period from July through December will be even higher in 2010 than in past years. Additionally, test sessions at all test centers may be subject to scheduling restrictions that may limit the number of test dates available to you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes it's true ,,

Yes ECFMG sent me a mail on May 21st 2010 including a report insuring that dead line for CS examination is December 31st in case you wanted to apply for March 2011 matching program.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am planning to apply for 2011 matching that in September ,, am i involved in this category also or not please inform me ?
thx for your reply

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Yes you are

Am planning to apply for 2011 matching that in September ,, am i involved in this category also or not please inform me ?
thx for your reply
Yes, you are included in this category.
If you want to apply for the match you have to clear you CS before December 31. In fact, you have to clear it before September if you really want to compete with other IMGs :toosad:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes, you are included in this category.
If you want to apply for the match you have to clear you CS before December 31. In fact, you have to clear it before September if you really want to compete with other IMGs :toosad:
Hi, if you don't have double 99 don't waste your money this year because applying without CS result on Sept 1st showed decline in the number of interviews earned on 2010 match. My advice is either get it done soon or save you money and do observerships to get some US LORs in preparation for the 2012 match.

Goodluck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts