USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I've got my USMLE step 1 score and it's 99 and 238!
Is that a good score for an old IMG?
have a look here

score99.JPG

My friends are telling me that I will not get a match even with such a high score because they never take 13 years old IMG after grad :confused::confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is an awesome score ppl (like me) dream of! well done!

Secondly, just go ahead and apply for residency, it's fair game and even though you are an old graduate you have enough right as anyone to apply. This whole thing is a game of fortune.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope u rock step 2!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is an awesome score ppl (like me) dream of! well done!

Secondly, just go ahead and apply for residency, it's fair game and even though you are an old graduate you have enough right as anyone to apply. This whole thing is a game of fortune.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope u rock step 2!
Thank you for the congrats
but really am not so happy with it
Everyday I realize there's no hope for old grads even with double 99 scores

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great Score man, well done. and go get Step 2 CK and CS with double 99 and get your residency you never think of what they're telling you, remember why you started it and keep going thumbs up !!

·
Registered
120 Posts
CONGRATS!!! I can't even imagine a score like that... Be proud of what you've accomplished! Besides you never know, some hospitals look at old grads as people with more life experience.. so you never know how things will go unless you try :).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congratulations

This is amazing score.......................well done........I wish God give me such a great score.............I appreciate ur hard work and courage and i think that the Board will consider you specially that u have worked hard alot even after long time and may be u have work experience as well..............so u have got plus points to get residency:)..........

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow!!! CONGRATS!!! u v given best from ur side.... God wil give best to u from his side.... dats what i beleive....

do pray for me tooo my xam z very near..... n really tensed!!! :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
congratz superwild! :)

How bout you write to us your whole journey? Your whole exam experience. :D I would help many of us alot to learn from you, especially me. :p:p

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow!!! CONGRATS!!! u v given best from ur side.... God wil give best to u from his side.... dats what i beleive....

do pray for me tooo my xam z very near..... n really tensed!!! :(
Good luck my friend and we'll pray for you
Tell us how you did when you finish

·
Registered
6 Posts
your amazing

you did absolutely well

dont let the negative poeple bring you down

you will nail step 2 and get a residency

dont forget, the poeple reading the applications, are ur age, wont they feel more connection during interview

dont get bogged odown by what peopel SAY

"whether you believe you can, or believe you cant

you are right"

-Model T

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tx

you did absolutely well dont let the negative poeple bring you down you will nail step 2 and get a resideny dont forget, the poeple reading the applications, are ur age, wont they feel more connection during interview dont get bogged odown by what peopel SAY
"whether you believe you can, or believe you cant you are right" -Model T
Thank you very much my friend, really appreciate your encouragement

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ok guys I've got my USMLE step 1 score and it's 99 and 238!
Is that a good score for an old IMG?
have a look here
My friends are telling me that I will not get a match even with such a high score because they never take 13 years old IMG after grad :confused::confused:
Hi,

First off, congratulations superwild on the 99!!
I read this book by Jack Canfield and he says people around you will always try to bring you down to their level (not consciously but mostly because they haven't achieved Gold and don't want anyone else to do as well). As I see it your friends are probably jealous of your score (also again not on a conscious level because everyone is beautiful and nice) but its up to you where you wanna move from here. You can PUSH the door of success or miss out on what can change your entire life. We achieve what we want more than what we can because what we actually can do is what we want. So want a bright future not what your friend wants.:)

Do share your journey with us, I want a 99 too!! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am delighted for you. I agree with the comment above about others dragging you down. It IS hard to be happy for others - jealousy gets in the way even when they might not be in the same competition. Ignore them with a smile on the outside and a smirk on the inside knowing they are incapable of sharing your joy. You will, God willing, get a residency where you want it. A 99!! Nothing and no one can taint THAT joy!
:}

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great insight

Hi,

First off, congratulations superwild on the 99!!
I read this book by Jack Canfield and he says people around you will always try to bring you down to their level (not consciously but mostly because they haven't achieved Gold and don't want anyone else to do as well). As I see it your friends are probably jealous of your score (also again not on a conscious level because everyone is beautiful and nice) but its up to you where you wanna move from here. You can PUSH the door of success or miss out on what can change your entire life. We achieve what we want more than what we can because what we actually can do is what we want. So want a bright future not what your friend wants.:)

Do share your journey with us, I want a 99 too!! :)
You really pushed me into continuation, I appreciate your insight.

Please let's keep working here together to get what we WANT ;)

I posted my step 1 preparation here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/1335-how-did-i-prepare-usmle-step-1-a.html

Now I'll go and hit on the CK :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts