USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Shouldn't it be 2015 :p
Btw... mine was on 30th dec... should I be expecting result this week or next?? I hav heard results getting delayed by a week this month... :rolleyes:
Yes, results are coming one week later then they were supposed to come :( I took my exam on Dec 22nd, so in theory I was going to receive it last week, but haven't got it yet... Anyway, if this delay still persist, you should receive your score next wednesday, not this one :/

· Registered
90 Posts
Exam was weird. I dunno what to expect. I was doing good on the nbmes but exam day was crazy. My permit link is still there. I really don't wanna wait one more week.
The same for me!! Exam was kinda weird, different from my NBMEs... Dont know what to expect! I did lot of silly mistakes too, just hope they don't affect my score that much...

Anyway, it seems that last week people who did their exam between Dec 13rd and Dec 19th received their scores (at least it was what people in forums said, I could be wrong). So, by this logic, this wednesday people who did the exam between Dec 20th and 26th would receive the scores. But its just a guess based on what people said :) maybe they will stop this "one week delay" now, lets see :)

Good luck to everyone!

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The same for me!! Exam was kinda weird, different from my NBMEs... Dont know what to expect! I did lot of silly mistakes too, just hope they don't affect my score that much...

Anyway, it seems that last week people who did they exam between Dec 13rd and Dec 19th received their scores (at least it was what people in forums said, I could be wrong). So, by this logic, this wednesday people who did the exam between Dec 20th and 26th would receive the scores. But its just a guess based on what people said :) maybe they will stop this "one week delay" now, lets see :)

Good luck to everyone!
I am really having trouble focusing and I have to start preparing for CS as well. I hope I don't get to wait another week . Argh!

Ps: did your permit disappear yet?

· Registered
90 Posts
I am really having trouble focusing and I have to start preparing for CS as well. I hope I don't get to wait another week . Argh!

Ps: did your permit disappear yet?
I am EXACTLY in the same boat! My CS is schedule already, will take it in less then 6 weeks from now. Was planning to study 1 week after my step 1, but couldn't focus properly without my step 1 scores :(

And my permit disappeared on Dec 31st because my eligibility period finished that day. So I cannot guess when my scores will come !! It has been the longest 4 weeks ever, cannot wait anymore :p

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am EXACTLY in the same boat! My CS is schedule already, will take it in less then 6 weeks from now. Was planning to study 1 week after my step 1, but couldn't focus properly without my step 1 scores :(

And my permit disappeared on Dec 31st because my eligibility period finished that day. So I cannot guess when my scores will come !! It has been the longest 4 weeks ever, cannot wait anymore :p
When are you taking your cs? Mine is on 3rd March. I haven't started studying yet.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shouldn't it be 2015 :p
Btw... mine was on 30th dec... should I be expecting result this week or next?? I hav heard results getting delayed by a week this month... :rolleyes:
Lol. Yes 2015! I wish it was 2014. I was fresh out of college excited about studying for step 1. How foolish of me! I feel like I missed out on an entire year for this exam.

· Registered
48 Posts
I took mine Dec 30. Did anyone else find the exam to be completely different and harder than the nbme/uworld? I am freaking out. On nbme I scored a 610 and usually had around 10 minutes to review each block. This exam I had zero time to review at all and in fact was running out of time. I actually feel like I failed this exam (not exaggerating) . I found it really hard and completely different. It has been the longest 3 weeks of my life. I hope everyone did amazing though. I wish you all the best on results day.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took mine Dec 30. Did anyone else find the exam to be completely different and harder than the nbme/uworld? I am freaking out. On nbme I scored a 610 and usually had around 10 minutes to review each block. This exam I had zero time to review at all and in fact was running out of time. I actually feel like I failed this exam (not exaggerating) . I found it really hard and completely different. It has been the longest 3 weeks of my life. I hope everyone did amazing though. I wish you all the best on results day.
I guess we all had a similar experience. I remember telling others to relax and trust your nbmes but now I dunno what to tell my self. Exam was just different. I used to make sure I solve every 46Qs UW block in <46 minutes but I just couldn't follow the same strategy on exam day.

Btw what nbmes did you take? I did nbme12 around 4 days before my test and it was 258 (640?). All my other nbmes were 240+ as well. UWSA were 260 and 265 2 months before my test!! Here I am worried about failing my exam. It's crazy!

· Registered
48 Posts
I guess we all had a similar experience. I remember telling others to relax and trust your nbmes but now I dunno what to tell my self. Exam was just different. I used to make sure I solve every 46Qs UW block in <46 minutes but I just couldn't follow the same strategy on exam day.

Btw what nbmes did you take? I did nbme12 around 4 days before my test and it was 258 (640?). All my other nbmes were 240+ as well. UWSA were 260 and 265 2 months before my test!! Here I am worried about failing my exam. It's crazy!
I took all of the nbmes. The first 3 in the beginning of my studies I was scoring at around 209-217 (correlated score). The 4th nbme was a correlated score of 228 and the 5th was 240. The 6th one I took a week before my exam was nbme-13 which I scored a 251. On uworld I was scoring 83-85% on average. Exam day really destroyed my confidence bad. I really don't feel like I passed it's terrible because I put my heart into that exam. The exam seemed to have so much focus on things that are not found on uworld, first aid, or kaplan.

During exam day I also felt completely fine and comfortable. I wasn't tired or anything at all. It was simply the exam itself that impacted my confidence. I can honestly say that there was nothing more that I could have done for this exam because I did everything I possibly could: DIT, Kaplan, Kaplan qbank completed, PASS program, KISS pharm, uworld completed, all 6 nbmes, first aid over and over again.

· Registered
3 Posts
I took it on 31st, dec, 2014. As post above, questions were very wired, harder than UW and nbme. I heard it is hard, but I never imagine it is so hard. No buzz words. Some questions I just had no clue at all. Bugs I never heard. So many uncertainty and guessing all along. My nbmes are good, the last one is 258. I marked around 25-30% qs. I just don't know how to trust the nbme scores. Can't stop anxiety. God save me!

· Registered
19 Posts
I guess I'm only the odd one who doesn't feels his exam out of Uworld or nbme. Matter of fact I really likes the real exam questions and I do have some really easy questions but yes the Question stems are longer and takes longer time than nbme and UW.
P.S: my nbme and UWSA weren't that great. Initially nbme were 205 to 215 range and last week before exam UWSA were in 230's range.

· Registered
34 Posts
Me too Syed...

Mine exam was also fine... didnt really feel bad or depressed... i hardly slept 2 hrs before the exam... but during exam i was calm n focussed... I went into exam expecting the worst... that helped may be coz i wasnt really alarmed when i saw some wierd questions... I hope that good feeling translates into score... nbmes were all 250+... I just so want to c the results now... :indifferent:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.