USMLE Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Everybody,:)

with great energy I started my preparation for step 1, I was not sure how to start it, But my aim was 99, I think that was the force which drove me through the process, with all standard materials in hand I started preparation with video lectures, I finished all video lecture at one shot, then I moved to review books.
But I will give most credit of my success to Kaplan q bank & U world.
I subscribed to both for one month, & that was the best decision I took. , U will get variety of questions and as u read explanations , it will be revision of theory also.
The formula for success in USMLE is to practice maximum question rather than reading same books again and again.
My sincere advice to exam takers is always aim high, and practice maximum questions, and Do Not hesitate to subscribe two or more Q banks

"ALL THE BEST"

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks for your post and congrats on your score!!!

Could you please also say how long did you study for? Are you a graduate or a student? I hope its not too much of a bother.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your post and congrats on your score!!!

Could you please also say how long did you study for? Are you a graduate or a student? I hope its not too much of a bother.
Hi! Thanks,
I am graduate, I took 4 month for preparation, And 2 month before exam I started online q banks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey congrats.. it really is a good score esp considering you prepared for a short time.. good luck for next step buddy! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats! That is a great score and I'm sure you will do great on all the next components. I have a question though: could you please describe the exam a little bit, was it hard for you, did you feel it was more like UW and etc.Did you feel that some particular subject was tested more heavily than the others, and so on? Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Congratulations! That's an awesome score!
Can you tell me a little bit about your preparation?
You said you watched the Kaplan videos, what books did you use? Kaplan LN or others? did you do goljan?
Thank you!

·
Registered
623 Posts
congratulations but i really wonder when nbme is so much preferred by everyone why did u skip it?
i m asking this because its first time ive come across somebody who has nt given nbme?

·
Registered
1 Posts
im preparing for step 1,i did first aid,and u world,i m giving my exam on 30 october,today i gave my nbme exam and i got a score of 390 only,should i change my date or go for the exam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts