USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are like me and anxiously waiting for your CS results in the next reporting period this is a place to gather and share comments or concerns.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for making this! I took the exam on May 18 in Philly and now, after (probably stupidly) reading hundreds of posts, I have convinced myself that I have failed and killed my chances for a competitive residency spot. It seems unpredictable if you fail/pass based on what I've been reading so here's hoping that we all find out that we passed on June 24 (and hope not much later!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was reading about what it means if your scheduling permit link disappears? There is no consistency. I logged in and there isn't even a link to my permit. It sounds dumb, but is that a sign I failed? Can someone please check theirs to see if it gone? In the "Permit Available Date" Column, it has the date and nothing under it (for the CS row). My CK row has the date and the link for the permit though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for making this! I took the exam on May 18 in Philly and now, after (probably stupidly) reading hundreds of posts, I have convinced myself that I have failed and killed my chances for a competitive residency spot. It seems unpredictable if you fail/pass based on what I've been reading so here's hoping that we all find out that we passed on June 24 (and hope not much later!)
You're welcome! I took the exam on May 15 in Philly too. It's so long waiting for results that it's hard to not keep going over the whole thing several times before the results come out. Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine. Yes, hopefully June 24 will be the day, or by July 8 (third Wednesday) the absolute, nerve-racking latest.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading about what it means if your scheduling permit link disappears? There is no consistency. I logged in and there isn't even a link to my permit. It sounds dumb, but is that a sign I failed? Can someone please check theirs to see if it gone? In the "Permit Available Date" Column, it has the date and nothing under it (for the CS row). My CK row has the date and the link for the permit though.
No, I don't think that means you failed. Mine was gone too shortly after the exam. Similarly so for CK and Step 1, which I passed. I think it just means that they know you've taken the exam.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm waiting for my results too. I did my Step 2CS on the 23rd of April. Good luck to all of us.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'll share my mistakes
1) Didn't put supporting negatives under the DDs. I thought you didn't need it. For example, I didn't write stuff like no chest wall tenderness as support for angina.
2) Forgot to ask ob/gyn history in one case. It wasn't really warranted.
3) Had no clue what was wrong with the patient in one case.
4) Finished one case right at the end of closing. So I didn't have time for the important question.
Those are the glaring things that I remember. I always introduced myself, asked an open ended question at the start, used transition phrases and direct questions for ROS, washed hands, draped patients, summarized at the end of the history, closed and asked if there were any questions in all but one case. I also finished all the PNs on time. I felt OK coming out but since then I'm getting more and more nervous to the point of being uncertain of even passing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll share my mistakes
1) Didn't put supporting negatives under the DDs. I thought you didn't need it. For example, I didn't write stuff like no chest wall tenderness as support for angina.
2) Forgot to ask ob/gyn history in one case. It wasn't really warranted.
3) Had no clue what was wrong with the patient in one case.
4) Finished one case right at the end of closing. So I didn't have time for the important question.
Those are the glaring things that I remember. I always introduced myself, asked an open ended question at the start, used transition phrases and direct questions for ROS, washed hands, draped patients, summarized at the end of the history, closed and asked if there were any questions in all but one case. I also finished all the PNs on time. I felt OK coming out but since then I'm getting more and more nervous to the point of being uncertain of even passing.[/remember]

OK, here I go:
1) I didn't make a habit of using pertinent negatives either, although I may have used them here and there if it occurred to me to do so.
2) I also missed asking about OBGYN or did not ask it thoroughly in a case.
3)Didn't feel like I really knew what was going on with maybe the first three SPs in terms of diagnosis.
4) Finished the cases on time, leaving one feeling like I missed the diagnosis but couldn't really do much about it.
I tried to ask about the pertinent system and other relevant ones and get the PMH in each case, though I missed bits and pieces sometimes. I also checked the pertinent system on physical exam, as well as heart and lungs and one other in all cases except one. I would greet, introduce, wash, summarize, counsel, close, and ask about questions or concerns more than once.
Hang in there, sounds like you did fine!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm with you guys!
I made tons of mistakes and really, really, really praying for a good outcome.
I'm an IMG but English is not a problem.
I just didn't counsel 2 times (maybe even 3 - i don't know if I had to in one case).
I don't remember if I summarized (if I did, I did it half way through the history taking) and also many minor mistakes...

For some reason I consistently forgot to ask menstrual h/o and profession.
I also had 1 pt I didn't really focus on getting into a real problem... She was weird.

Any ideas how they grade it?

Damn, I'm so scared!:eek::plz:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm with you guys!

I made tons of mistakes and really, really, really praying for a good outcome.

I'm an IMG but English is not a problem.

I just didn't counsel 2 times (maybe even 3 - i don't know if I had to in one case).

I don't remember if I summarized (if I did, I did it half way through the history taking) and also many minor mistakes...

For some reason I consistently forgot to ask menstrual h/o and profession.

I also had 1 pt I didn't really focus on getting into a real problem... She was weird.

Any ideas how they grade it?

Damn, I'm so scared!
There are threads on here that better explain the score breakdown but my understanding is that the CIS and SEP marks come from the SP and the ICE component from the Physician Examiner based on your notes.

It sounds like you did more or less like the rest of us. Should be okay.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Waiting too. Anyone know anyone who safely made it if one of their notes was missing entire work up or PE section and rest of notes were fine?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hopefully only 1 week to go! Hang in there everyone. I also made a ton of mistakes and am very worried.
Good luck! :)
I can't stop analyzing!
Ugh.. It's like constant: I didn't counsel on this, I forgot this, I didn't recognize all emotions there and all this stuff.

I hope it's gonna be ok!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts