USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in ! I need a motivation as well:D
My step 1: 233

My target for ck: >= 250

I just finished one read of IM of MTB CK and I feel I forgot many things ! Common it is normal Happy-2

Today I just started pediatrics from MTB 3. I'm afraid that this book not enough ! On the first page, in the apgar score part, Guess what? No mention of apgar score table at all !! I go like what's the hell?!!! I found the table in MTB CK ! Anybody tell me is it normal to find this in MTB 3? Is it enough w/ UW? Or should we use MTB CK pediatrics as well?
What about ob/gyn, is MTB 3 enough? I heard that Kaplan notes is good in ob/gyn. What do you thin guys?

I hope I will finish peds an ob/gyn this week .... Yes I can :)

Good luck everybody

·
Registered
23 Posts
Planing to take exam on July 4th Insha'allah
Goal >= 260

Kaplan (IM, Peds, OB GYN, Surgery) < one read
Psych (either Kaplan OR First Aid psy clerkship)
MTB 2 (IM) MTB 3 (all except IM) >along with Kaplan chapter by chapter
0:30 - 1 hr per day Offline UW

Finish all until 17 / 6
Do NBME 4 OR UWSA

18/5 until 2/7 : 46 days ::

UW twice
MTB revise 3 times

UWSA or NBME 4 (2 weeks before exam)

IMP POINT: Do UW 8 hour style at least twice before the real exam, just to get my brain used to the pressure
only 77 days left :(

anyone think I should change anything?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about MTB3 but MTB2 is missing a lot of topics in All subjects. the tradition is MTB for IM and MTB3 for the rest and fill the gap with UW bank. so sure that can do the trick. Gl
I'm in ! I need a motivation as well:D
My step 1: 233

My target for ck: >= 250

I just finished one read of IM of MTB CK and I feel I forgot many things ! Common it is normal Happy-2

Today I just started pediatrics from MTB 3. I'm afraid that this book not enough ! On the first page, in the apgar score part, Guess what? No mention of apgar score table at all !! I go like what's the hell?!!! I found the table in MTB CK ! Anybody tell me is it normal to find this in MTB 3? Is it enough w/ UW? Or should we use MTB CK pediatrics as well?
What about ob/gyn, is MTB 3 enough? I heard that Kaplan notes is good in ob/gyn. What do you thin guys?

I hope I will finish peds an ob/gyn this week .... Yes I can :)

Good luck everybody

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ManshaAllah, your plan looks good bro/sis?

I guess trying to beat the Ramadan day huh, me too.

two 8 hour drill is a good idea. I did that for step 1 and it really worked. 0ne week before is even better.
Planing to take exam on July 4th Insha'allah
Goal >= 260

Kaplan (IM, Peds, OB GYN, Surgery) < one read
Psych (either Kaplan OR First Aid psy clerkship)
MTB 2 (IM) MTB 3 (all except IM) >along with Kaplan chapter by chapter
0:30 - 1 hr per day Offline UW

Finish all until 17 / 6
Do NBME 4 OR UWSA

18/5 until 2/7 : 46 days ::

UW twice
MTB revise 3 times

UWSA or NBME 4 (2 weeks before exam)

IMP POINT: Do UW 8 hour style at least twice before the real exam, just to get my brain used to the pressure
only 77 days left :(

anyone think I should change anything?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm very sad because I just study very few pages yesterday :toosad:
I have to compensate this day to study more hours, who else study pediatrics right now? To motivate each other
I'm doing peds, started today. I didn't study much yesterday too. I'm planning to finish Cardio + Rheuma & Vasculitis chapters from kaplan today. what about you?
let's do our best :happy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm doing peds, started today. I didn't study much yesterday too. I'm planning to finish Cardio + Rheuma & Vasculitis chapters from kaplan today. what about you?
let's do our best :happy:
I started from MTB 3. I will see if I will need Kaplan notes later on otherwise many peopole said ignore KNs. Lets try to not keep KNs away:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello friends,

I'm planing to complete my first pass today of MTB2 +Notes then start tomorrow 2nd pass inshaAlllah

what do you guys think of this?

I completed ony 572 of UW and have 1659 remaining and I only have 56%.

is that very bad for first pass reading. I did 572 throughout my 1st pass reading. The next best step management is really killing me. how do I improve that? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello friends,

I'm planing to complete my first pass today of MTB2 +Notes then start tomorrow 2nd pass inshaAlllah

what do you guys think of this?

I completed ony 572 of UW and have 1659 remaining and I only have 56%.

is that very bad for first pass reading. I did 572 throughout my 1st pass reading. The next best step management is really killing me. how do I improve that? Thanks
I think it is better start UW after complete all metrials. This is what I'm gonna do.
May be you get this % because it may some recall information have not stick into your mind yet or anything else. But I think overall you r good
It is better to analyse and know the reasons for every questions you got it wrong. Do not move to another Q till you know the reason
Good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks man for your input.

I think it is better start UW after complete all metrials. This is what I'm gonna do.
May be you get this % because it may some recall information have not stick into your mind yet or anything else. But I think overall you r good
It is better to analyse and know the reasons for every questions you got it wrong. Do not move to another Q till you know the reason
Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just finished MTB 3 pediatrics. I feel like I read it w/ blind eyes ! I need to read it agian . Anybody recommend to read it again? Or move to another subject and read pedia later?
I plan to finish oby today

1 - 20 of 41 Posts