1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I just did the exam yesterday.
It was very very very difficult.
90% of the questions you are left with two options that you don't know which one is correct.
Am not sure if I will fail or I will get 99!!!
Audios are all murmurs and they are not too many.
Many questions have more than 5 options like 7,10, and even more
Many histopath slides that I did not figure out what they are.
Behavioral and ethics questions cannot be answered by any means.
I did not see any question from Kaplan Qbank or UW in the exam, not even close.
Lot's of clinical questions, I mean pure clinical questions and has got nothing to do with basic sciences.
Many pharma questions about very new medications that you don't see in your old Kaplan notes.
Many CTs, and MRIs, few X rays.

Guys ... this exam is terrible

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK no question from kaplan or UW repeated, but what about the concepts and styles, are they also different?

·
Registered
35 Posts
GOD!!!! may god shows mercy upon us... i scheduled my date for 23rd dec but i delayed it to 20th jan bkz i had 1 mnth to my eligibility.... wat do u think .... should i revise my surgery, medicine paeds and gynae buks as welll (not da procedures bt till da diagnosis and pharma)..... i had dat in mind wen i delayed, but was still just revising kaplan and UW... now i m really thinking of not taking any chances......

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
GOD!!!! may god shows mercy upon us... i scheduled my date for 23rd dec but i delayed it to 20th jan bkz i had 1 mnth to my eligibility.... wat do u think .... should i revise my surgery, medicine paeds and gynae buks as welll (not da procedures bt till da diagnosis and pharma)..... i had dat in mind wen i delayed, but was still just revising kaplan and UW... now i m really thinking of not taking any chances......
It's not recommended to scatter your efforts shortly before the exam. Focus on your primary step 1 materials and do Kaplan Qbank and UW thoroughly. Then Do NBME it will accurately predict your score.
Step 1 is still step 1, clinical questions are in the context of basic sciences.
Do not panic from others' experiences.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks for telling us about ur exam experience...........

wish you best of luck.....when u get ur result .....do tell us plz..................why u did nt take the NBME?HAD U gone through F.A?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Don't worry, I had the exact same impression about CK, especially about the ethics and the 2 difficult choices left. I believe I did worse than the worst blocks I have ever done during preparing, I had 92, not the best score, not what I hoped for, but it's not that bad...

I just wanna ask you, was the time enough?..

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wish you best of luck.....when u get ur result .....do tell us plz..................why u did nt take the NBME?HAD U gone through F.A?
I was pretty in hurry and so I didn't have time for the NBME
Yes, I did FA specially last month before the exam, and it's very useful
I'll post here when I get the results :(

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't worry, I had the exact same impression about CK, especially about the ethics and the 2 difficult choices left. I believe I did worse than the worst blocks I have ever done during preparing, I had 92, not the best score, not what I hoped for, but it's not that bad...

I just wanna ask you, was the time enough?..
Thanks for the encouragement ..
Time was enough to finish all the blocks except one block I missed the last three questions.
No time to review the marked questions though.

Yes the exam was definitely more difficult than USMLE World, no doubt about this,, at least for me

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah very scary indeed!!! but i v heard from a couple of my frends too who took da xams dat step 1 is getting very difficult....

i really wish u Good luck superwild..... may be u r thinking more abt da ques u were finding hard... i hope u ll get an awesum result!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You got a wild exam just like you but you will get a very high score, i'm sure of that

1 - 20 of 22 Posts