USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've just applied for the CS and the ECFMG is asking me to submit Form 186 (my medical credentials have been verified already). So I chose to get the form signed by the notary public. Now, it says on the form that only "Consular Official, First Class Magistrate, Notary Public, or Commissioner of Oaths" can sign this form. That brings me to my question: over here the most readily available and easily accessible form of honorary service is the Justices of Peace. So I was wondering whether I can get it signed by the Justices of Peace? Has anyone else done it before? It will be very kind for u to let me know.

CHeers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where are you located? The reason I ask is just because in the U.S. there is more than likely a Public Notary in your town. If not then there will be one very close by I am almost certain. If located outside the U.S. I'm not sure, but I would probably suggest the best bet if to use one of the services they list, even if it is a little bit of a hassle, I think it is the smartest approach. Just to avoid any problems. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply. I'm in NZ
So I ended up getting a notary public to complete the form and got it signed and posted.
The reason I asked about the JP is that it's a free service as compared to the notary public which charges 50 NZD for a stamp and a couple of signatures.

Btw I did call ECFMG and asked them about this and their answer was NO.

Cheers

Jerry:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts