USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered that many many of the answer explanations of the Kaplan Qbank are exact copies of sentences from wikipedia articles!
Here's an example of a sentence that I found in Qbank which is an exact copy of this wiki article, "synthetic RNAs containing sequences complementary to the mutant SOD1 mRNA and sequences necessary to form the hammerhead catalytic structure are being studied as a possible therapy for ALS"
So, I concluded that what Kaplan is doing is that simply they just listen to their students about what topic was there in the exam and then they construct a question using wikipedia as a reference!
Isn't that weird :(, I think they should mention the references against each answer explanation they give.
I personally do not believe much in wikipedia.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I don't see any problem with that
Why you so angry about it
They must ask their tutors to prepare questions and when the tutor is being told to talk about a Hammerhead Ribozyme for the treatment of SOD1 mutase deficiency of ALS then he/she must look up the Internet to find some text to fill in the answers and explanations.
In my opinion this is completely justified and am sure this is the same mechanism that every other Qbank developer is following.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts