USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ppl :)

is it necessary to do the newer versions of Kaplan lecture notes?
or are the older versions gud enuf?

will it be ok to read kaplan lecture notes 2005-6 version or is it too outdated?

kindly advise :)
thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
hi ppl :)

is it necessary to do the newer versions of Kaplan lecture notes?
or are the older versions gud enuf?

will it be ok to read kaplan lecture notes 2005-6 version or is it too outdated?

kindly advise :)
thanks
The newest version (2010 - green ones) is heavily revised. The books are a lot smaller, as they removed the low yield stuff. I'd suggest you get them if you haven't started reading yet. If you're already finished with them, it's ok. You won't be missing a lot; in fact, you've read more.

I used the 2007-2008 and they're pretty similar to the ones you have.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah - if you do end up using the older books see if you can find a list of the errors in them on Kaplan's website or somewhere else on the internet - don't believe them word for word if a question or an explanation seems wrong or if a diagram seems wrongly labeled. There are some obvious mistakes and some not so obvious ones - I think one of the clear errors that was these in the 2006 (might have been 2004 - I can't remember exactly) is that p-ANCA is associated with Polyarteritis Nodosa and they corrected that in later versions. So look out for things like that.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah - if you do end up using the older books see if you can find a list of the errors in them on Kaplan's website or somewhere else on the internet - don't believe them word for word if a question or an explanation seems wrong or if a diagram seems wrongly labeled. There are some obvious mistakes and some not so obvious ones - I think one of the clear errors that was these in the 2006 (might have been 2004 - I can't remember exactly) is that p-ANCA is associated with Polyarteritis Nodosa and they corrected that in later versions. So look out for things like that.
From Wikipedia:

Perinuclear pattern of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (p-ANCA) - not associated with "classic" polyarteritis nodosa, but is present in a form of the disease affecting smaller blood vessels, known as microscopic polyangiitis or leukocytoclastic angiitis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts