USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching the videos of this lady doctor as I read Kaplan microbiology notes.

Nothing personal, but I think her lectures are useless, she just reads what's in there!

Apart from the few jokes she throws now and then she add nothing and her slides are not intuitive.

Unlike Lionel Raymon or Steven Daugherty, this lady adds nothing and her videos is a complete waste of time.

Do you agree with me?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Absolutely agree,

Kim Moscatello is a very low efficiency tutor

I wonder how Kaplan is ignoring this fact!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I agree too. :) But then again, microbio is really a dull subject. Not much she can do too though. But she also could have made it more interesting like CMMRS, with inter-relations here and there.

But I used her immuno video lectures. I think they are not bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Microbiology at Kaplan video for Step 1

I think that it is a shame that Kaplan charges so much money for such a low level of tutoring as micro lectures. Dr. Moscatello shouldn't teach! Whatever time I spent watching Micro video I don't learn anything new. Additionally, she makes mistakes. Generally, I would just go with my books after the video and reading is much more helpfull that alive video lecture.
Out of whole Kaplan videos for step 1 only pharmacology and behavioral sciences lectures should be recommended as pretty good.
Physiology is not great but acceptable. Biochemistry is below expectations too.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree

I think that it is a shame that Kaplan charges so much money for such a low level of tutoring as micro lectures. Dr. Moscatello shouldn't teach! Whatever time I spent watching Micro video I don't learn anything new. Additionally, she makes mistakes. Generally, I would just go with my books after the video and reading is much more helpfull that alive video lecture.
Out of whole Kaplan videos for step 1 only pharmacology and behavioral sciences lectures should be recommended as pretty good.
I completely agree with your opinion :)
Please go and vote for this here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-s...090-kaplan-videos-subjects-we-have-watch.html
Let our friends know the truth

·
Registered
68 Posts
Micro isnt too big of a world. If you're not learning anything from a complete review for the boards, that's a good thing

·
Registered
316 Posts
edzik is ryt... kaplan micro notes are gud but kim moscatello really z a waste of tym... many of da teachers at kaplan vdoz r nt upto the mark.... i feel consulting other publishers along wid kaplan is a better option bkz many things in usmle exam r nt well answered in kaplan...

Reactions: edZik

·
Registered
3 Posts
Micro video at Kaplan

Micro isnt too big of a world. If you're not learning anything from a complete review for the boards, that's a good thing
Well, if Dr. Moscatello does not know that HVB & HVD co-infection and superinfection would give different outcomes, if she does not mention that whooping cough is associated very high WBC like lymphoma... And so many other if, if, and if.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, if Dr. Moscatello does not know that HVB & HVD co-infection and superinfection would give different outcomes, if she does not mention that whooping cough is associated very high WBC like lymphoma... And so many other if, if, and if.
:)):)):)):))

·
Registered
68 Posts
What's up edZik, I wanted to reply to ya about this thread, but accidently combined it into another one! lol.. I saw that you saw it already but just in case anyone else was interested... there is the reply to this post as well... :p

Cheers to all and study up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
exactly

i completely agree with u ...

she s d worst then comes our guy in biochem...

seems like he s now only reharsin in front of the cam with his biochem knowledge...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i completely agree with u ...

she s d worst then comes our guy in biochem...

seems like he s now only reharsin in front of the cam with his biochem knowledge...
Although either of them are not that engaging, they know the concepts well, and present them in an okay manner.

Kim is better then Turco definitely.

I just watched Turco's videos and although I found him extremely monotonous, I learned a lot and would have to say they are worth the watch.

·
Registered
350 Posts
so first day @ immuno wid moscatello went awesome..
BTW she is wife of david seastone(the guy from molecular biology):p
she finished first 5 chapters today...
but i could not get all as i studied only first chapter a day before...:(
AFTER IT WE HAVE GROUP STUDY.....
now a lot of students here in kaplan are confused either to attend group study or not..sometimes its very useful while other time its totally useless and waste of time...:eek:
i mean if u have studied all material before group discussion then its useful.

THE IMP THING SHE TOLD US TODAY IS AGAIN H.Y and LY thingy
i asked her that how much are u sure that things u ppl tell here in accademy are HY and LY...she said we can guarantee upto 90%:cool:

and again during lecture she told page by page which things we should go just for concept and which things we should go deeply....i dont know about other ppl but for me to remember all details of immuno and esp biochem is just like suicide..LOL..
i will in touch and tomorw more tips..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts