USMLE Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I was going through both sets of books... and I personally found that High yield series is far better than Kaplan notes in terms of the matter it contains... e.g Genetics, behavioral science, neuroanatomy etc. whatever subject I see in high yield seems better than Kaplan, I think its may be because of the video lectures and Kaplan institute that its more famous...

Reactions: teja620

·
Registered
919 Posts
I agree. Kaplan may be overrated in some circumstances. but I prefer it because its more directional and I love the USMLE style questions at the back of each chapter. However I did add Goljan path rapid review to my Kaplan path because Kaplan path didn't seem enough. and about high yield, I only kinda liked the behavioral science book. the others seemed a little short, no? :notsure:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
emm... well i have read both so no worries:p... somewhere (i donn remember where) it was mentioned that do read at least two different publisher's series bkz one series cant have evry thing in it... so i tried dat thingee... yes i advise never skip kaplan off course!! but

bottom line i m enjoying high yield genetics for a couple of days... :happy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
emm... well i have read both so no worries:p... somewhere (i donn remember where) it was mentioned that do read at least two different publisher's series bkz one series cant have evry thing in it... so i tried dat thingee... yes i advise never skip kaplan off course!! but

bottom line i m enjoying high yield genetics for a couple of days... :happy:
that's from FA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts