USMLE Forums banner

USMLE Step 1 Physiology Prep Options

• [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HBC73Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=usmleforums_vs-20&linkC

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0781798760?ie=UTF8&tag=usmleforums_vs-20&linkCode=as2&camp=178

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HBC73Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=usmleforums_vs-20&linkC

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • None of them (plz post alternative below)

Votes: 5 5.6%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Physiology-kaplan or brs???

Please help me out guys.:sorry:

I'm planning to read BRS physiology, but

1. I just want to know whether I am going to miss anything by not reading kaplan.

2. and (BRS + kaplan vids) is it better than BRS alone? or are the vids a waste of time?

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey

I also bought BRS Physio ! I am also planning to do BRS + Kaplan video. BRS + online qbank is good but I think along with the video u get the best of both :D. anyways BRS physio is way way better than Kaplan physio

·
Registered
623 Posts
BRS physiology is easy to understand n learn
while i believe kaplan physio is too confusing
so u will nt miss anything if u do kaplan videos along with BRS physio

·
Registered
219 Posts
They say that they've made some changes to the new KLN physio. It may have become better. But rating on the previous KLN, i'd say BRS physio is better. :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They say that they've made some changes to the new KLN physio. It may have become better. But rating on the previous KLN, i'd say BRS physio is better. :)
New KLN are much better, the videos are better.. The Fish is legendary.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kaplan physiology videos and lecture notes VS BRS physiology

Which one would you reccomend?

1) Kaplan physiology videos + lecture notes?

2) Kaplan physiology videos + BRS physiology?

3) BRS physiology only 2-3 times?

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's my understanding that kaplan physio videos are very good. Especially the ones by Prof. James White.

In my case, i'm understanding so well, thank God, just by reading BRS 2 times. It's awesome. I really feel that if I were to see those videos (which I planned) would be a waste of time. They would be explaining something that I already have a good grip of.

If you feel like you need it, then I do recommend the videos. Out of kaplan, physio, pharm and biochem are the best to watch. I am basing this on extensive research that I made right before the beginning of my prep on many forums.

·
Registered
471 Posts
im doing physiology now to be honest to everyone if your background in physiology is strong do brs right away if not do kaplan + the videos
i really find it understand full easy to digest cuz it uses step by step explanation nothing compare to brs which throws the facts with minimal explanations ..
when i started i used to read brs get the explanations from sherwood but it took me more time then i used to go into wikipedia i thought about trying kaplan i founded it greater simplifying what u need

1 - 20 of 25 Posts