USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I have 6 mnths to my exam. I finished USMLE-Rx for 70% and now I have 2 variants:
1) Buy KAPLAN QBANK subscription for 1 month, and lately buy UWORLD to use it as my general source, or:
2) Start with UWORLD without Kaplan QBANK

I don't have friends which used it so I need an advice. Does Kaplan QBANK worth to use it as additional question source (if I'll set filter to HY quenstions only, for example), or it's waste of time and I need to be focused only on UWORLD?

Wait for your suggestions and experience ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey cougaR, i would recommend doing an nbme to assess your weakness and strenghts (not assess how much you're going to get on your test) and then practice the subjects that you're weak in in kaplan qbank for a month (you will barely finish 1000 in a month). Kpalan qbank is very benifical for understanding the material while Rx is more for memorizing first aid.

BEST of luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey cougaR, i would recommend doing an nbme to assess your weakness and strenghts (not assess how much you're going to get on your test) and then practice the subjects that you're weak in in kaplan qbank for a month (you will barely finish 1000 in a month). Kpalan qbank is very benifical for understanding the material while Rx is more for memorizing first aid.

BEST of luck
Good idea! I want to buy last 4 NBME forms in last 4 months before my exam (1 form in 1 month). But now I want to do remaining offline forms. Which NBME form better to do now before buying KAPLAN QBANK and other 3 to remain for doing later?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts