There's something I don't understand
How come Kaplan is telling me that others scores 62%
and my score is 65%
Is it possible that all other Kaplan subscribers have only got 62%
Those percentages must be wrong

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Kaplan qbank calculates what other students have scored in the questions that you have done so far not all the questions
So only when you finish all their questions bank then only you'll get the over all students performance in Kaplan.

kaplanscore.JPG

Note that there are several reasons this percentage is not a real reflection of the students performance:
For example many students take small number of questions which are segmented by system or subject and not random and so they are likely to score higher.
Another example is that students tend to score higher later in the course than in the early days so if say you have done 10 questions and those questions happened to be done by other students in their early course so their percentage will likely be lower than their final performance days before the exam.

You may also find this thread of help
http://www.usmle-forums.com/general-topics/219-kaplan-score-estimator.html

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
USMLERx is even better
they tell you what percentage of student chose option A,B,C and so on

·
Registered
124 Posts
would not rely on USMLE RX

I dont want to know what other people are choosing, it is a waste of time, to me just to know where you stand for your marks its ok

·
Registered
238 Posts
But by knowing what people are choosing, you know what the question is trying to trick you to answering, and hence, be more alert when faced with the same concept in the future. I would say that is an EXCELLENT feature.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There's something I don't understand
How come Kaplan is telling me that others scores 62%
and my score is 65%
Is it possible that all other Kaplan subscribers have only got 62%
Those percentages must be wrong
i think thats the avarage score ... so u r 3 % above avarage

that's what i think:eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
But by knowing what people are choosing, you know what the question is trying to trick you to answering, and hence, be more alert when faced with the same concept in the future. I would say that is an EXCELLENT feature.
so are the Qs from USMLE Rx trickier than Qs from Kaplan Qbank or USMLE world?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts