USMLE Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am an IMG. Planning to take step 1 next year. I really need your advice on how to start my preparation.
I am planning to go through Kaplan Videos and Kaplan Lecture Notes and various question banks after that.

Will that be enough ?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The best answer to the question (is that enough) is by doing assessment tests such as NBME or UWSA and see if you are getting the score you want.

Once you reach the predicted score you want then that's enough.

-

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I don't know, I usually prefer the newest edition but many members have discussed this issue in the forums, search for those threads.

-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know, I usually prefer the newest edition but many members have discussed this issue in the forums, search for those threads.

-
Thank u
If I buy 2012 edition will I get d videos for it... or I can just 2010 edition videos ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
2011 text and 2010 vids

Hi,
I am an IMG. Planning to take step 1 next year. I really need your advice on how to start my preparation.
I am planning to go through Kaplan Videos and Kaplan Lecture Notes and various question banks after that.

i have kaplan 2011 text and it perfectly matches with '10 vids! the newer texts just have their fonts and stuff changed but the content is the same!
i will be giving my step next year too. lets keep each other posted., cheers!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just read Kaplan or any other book that suits you..patho you can do Kaplan but use both q banks uw and Kaplan to strengthen it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
they just read what is written in books..i just listened for laboratory techinques and ..homologus recombination,transduction chapter.. donot waste too much time watching videos.. videos are best for pharma physio ,genetics,biostat,behavior science

1 - 11 of 11 Posts