USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know this has been posted a lot but I guess we all get nervous when the dates comes closer...
I started studying in September 2010, did the Kaplan books, well except for Patho (used Goljan) and Microbiology (used CMMRS).

Done everything once, now going through it the second time.

Started UW in December, my average score (46 questions, all subjects) is usually around 60-65% right now.
Planning on finishing my second read through, finishing UW + the two UWSA tests I bought from them (next months), and do FA the last 3 weeks (while reviewing difficult questions from UW or those I marked because for whatever reason I don't get them :confused:).

Oh, my test is on April 1st, I'll be taking it in my 7-8 months of pregnancy, I know that's CRAZY but I have to do this before baby comes!!!
More info: I'm an IMG, 10 years since graduation (yes..., long time, I know...), but have a 5 year residency finished overseas in Internal Medicine and 5 year experience working as Internist / hospitalist. That's why I'm more worried about this test as I think step 2 will be much easier for me.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Don't start FA late

So it's not only the last months of your prep but also the last month of your pregnancy :)):)) just kidding.

I think it's a bad idea to open FA for the first time three weeks before the exam. Either you skip doing FA or start opening it from today.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it's not only the last months of your prep but also the last month of your pregnancy :)):)) just kidding.

I think it's a bad idea to open FA for the first time three weeks before the exam. Either you skip doing FA or start opening it from today.
I've been looking at FA during my second read of Kaplan and also been making tons of notes in FA..., so it wouldn't be the first time.
Thanks for the answer though!!

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts