USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my surname is initialised in the diploma certificate say it is ' K'. but its written full in the passport say ' k----------' and i have used this full name for usmle id with ecfmg .

Is this ok
and if not , Im planning to send my pre grad school certificate (date of birth certificate ) mentioning my initialised name plus my passport copy . will that do ? kindly reply

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If it is a middle name then no problem but if it is last name then yes you should do what you mentioned.
The ECFMG only accepts middle name initialization

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think this previous post will answer you :

Hi,
the name on my pass port and ECFMG record is Ram Kumar Karri
And the name on my diploma is Ram Kumar K.( last name initialized)

I emailed to ECFMG regarding this and they replied

Please be advised that ECFMG® is aware of the practice of medical schools located in India to include initials for one or more of a graduate's name on his/her medical school diploma. Therefore, ECFMG will accept the initials for one or more of an applicant's name (but not all) on his/her diploma, provided that the initials correspond with the name on the application.

You should enter your current, legal name on the Application for ECFMG Certification.

So while filling form 344, can I check the box which states that

My name as it appears on my final medical diploma matches exactly my name as it appears in my ECFMG record?
Or do I have to submit any other document?
Please reply.... I searched for threads already present but couldn't find answer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts