USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I'm in desperate need for an advice , I'm an IMG ( graduated in 2014 ) with step 1 ( 255 ) step 2 CS ( passed with no failed attempt). in my final step 2 CK preparation , I took the UWSA (scored 253) . Is there any chance for me to get an interview for IM residency if I take step 2 ck in September and apply for a late match ? Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
It would be better to apply a early as possible of course - which means have your application ready by Sept 15th. But it does not mean that applying later will make things impossible. Programs have a fixed number of interviews they can run. Once they hit that number they stop inviting applicants, which then end up being waitlisted. If you want to apply this year then go for it ! When Are you taking CK ? You should get your result within 4 weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be better to apply a early as possible of course - which means have your application ready by Sept 15th. But it does not mean that applying later will make things impossible. Programs have a fixed number of interviews they can run. Once they hit that number they stop inviting applicants, which then end up being waitlisted. If you want to apply this year then go for it ! When Are you taking CK ? You should get your result within 4 weeks.
Thank you so much for your reply . I am trying to take the exam by Sep.6th. Does it make a difference if I apply on the 15th or wait until I get the step 2 ck results??

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you're taking it Sept 6th I'd say apply later with the complete package, as it'll only delay your application by a few weeks. Now if you were taking the test in late October or November, I'd say to apply now.

Although your step 1 is great and it may get you interviews even without CK, for IMGs having CK really is important. I'd say as long as having the CK score ready does not delay your application by more than 2-3 weeks, you might as well wait.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi , I'm in desperate need for an advice , I'm an IMG ( graduated in 2014 ) with step 1 ( 255 ) step 2 CS ( passed with no failed attempt). in my final step 2 CK preparation , I took the UWSA (scored 253) . Is there any chance for me to get an interview for IM residency if I take step 2 ck in September and apply for a late match ? Thanks
you can apply with the scores you have, and later on submit the CK result

·
Registered
107 Posts
Advice

I agree with the previous comment. You have a good STEP 1 Score. I would go ahead and get your application completely ready and apply early then add the STEP 2 CK score in whenever you receive it. However, the day you receive your STEP 2 CK score I would add it into your application.

One other thing, after you complete STEP 2 CK make sure to stay active. If you can do rotations in the speciality you are interested at your hospital or others around that would be beneficial on a number of levels.

Hope that helps,
medmatchplus+
www.medmatchplus.com
Stand Out and Improve Your Chances of Matching!

·
Registered
314 Posts
it is better if you apply before sep 15th with awaiting results, late you can submit the score after receiving

·
Registered
1 Posts
The IMG Residency Match is the first stage in the application process for residents. Over 500 programs are reviewed by the match committee and selected applicants are then invited to interview. The top 10 programs are the most sought-after, and the match is competitive. However, you can apply to different programs even after the IMG match. Here are some tips for IMGs to ensure they have the best chance of matching. You may also want to check out the website of the IMG Residency Program to see what the application process is like.

The program description will be helpful in creating a personal statement. For example, a program might emphasize research or public service. The program description may focus on specific qualities, such as commitment, ability to handle pressure, and communication. You can use these clues to make your personal statement stand out. Remember to tailor your statement to the specific requirements of the program. The NRMP will not look favorably on an IMG if you have no U.S. clinical experience.

The residency description is one of the most important parts of your write a paper. A good program description emphasizes public service, research, or other areas of medicine that you have a passion for. It may also highlight specific qualities such as commitment, ability to handle pressure, and communication skills. By reading the program description, you will know how to write an effective personal statement. If you're not familiar with the program description, consult a professional directory and try to meet as many physicians as possible.

That's why you should take the test like you used to!
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I'm an IMG, I graduated in May 2018, I recently gave step 1, score is 244. I can try to give step 2 CK by June. But I do not have any USCE and currently due to covid, it's not easy to get a visa appointment in my home country, and also many in-person observerships are on hold. So should I do telerotations and apply this year or wait to do in-person observerships and apply next year? If I apply for 2022-2023, it's 4.4 months since graduation, but if I apply next year, for 2023-2024 match, then I'll be 5.4 months, and over the 5 year cut off. I'm putting all of my money into it, so please help. Are the chances of me getting a match are poor?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for post!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a pretty fun game, but requires players to have fast hand skills to choose the right arrow keys and at the right time they touch the arrow icons available on the screen to be considered valid. . If you have ever played Audition, you will get used to the Friday Night Funkin game very quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts