USMLE Forums banner

least 99 score

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sumanworld200 
#1 ·
hi this is suman, i got my step1 score of 229/99, i was amazed what this score, even for 229 i got 99.:confused:
Is there anybody who also got the score like me and is that really helpful?

#3 ·
This is really interesting
A three digit score of 229 should correlate with 95!

Probably, this reflects the new changes in the minimal passing scores recently implemented.

The passing score of 75 was changed from 185 to 188 on the three digit scale.

Maybe, likewise, they changed the minimum three digit score to get 99!

I don't think this is beneficial for you by any means. In fact, if program directors are going to compare you with any other student who got 99 they'll see that your three digit score is less and they may give more weight to other scores. :(

#4 ·
hey suman, at all u have a nice score as, if u want to be a surgeon.just continue this to step 2 n 3.
actually i am 4th medical student,n i started my step 1 exam preparation since 2 weeks.i started from kaplan notes with videos.i want to give exam in december 2010.i started from phsiology n so on.so plz tell me some basic guide lines for study n dese notes wil be enough for me to get a gud score.or plz recommend me anything as far as u know.

#10 ·
thanks

thanks dude. yeah infact i felt my exam was difficult in the sense i never faced some(10%) of the questions in the exam. and importantly i didn't managed my gap time efficiently, that resulted me headache during the 6th and 7th blocks. so my kind advice is proper time management is essential for getting good score. any how i wish u best of luck.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.