1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
am IMG
trying to find some observership in private clinics
all of them asking for liability insurance what is this how do I do it?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Medical Liability Insurance also some people call it Malpractice Insurance is a must for any employee dealing or even touching patients in USA.
When look for observership they not only will not give you any salary but they even don't want to pay for you that liability insurance.
Given today's worsening chances of even getting volunteer and observership jobs for IMGs I suggest that you say Yes and you get your liability insurance.

How to get it,
Just Google for Medical Liability Insurance and make sure you check several of them before you choose, prices vary depending on your visa status and the duration of the insurance.
Most of them they have forms to fill online then they'll contact telling you your premium [which mean how much you should pay]

Good luck my friend

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know someone who faked his liability insurance by copying his friend's paper and just changing the name
Some how the clinic discovered that
They reported him to the ECFMG and he certificate was revoked and he went back to his country!

So guys be careful ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Medical Liability Insurance also some people call it Malpractice Insurance is a must for any employee dealing or even touching patients in USA.
When look for observership they not only will not give you any salary but they even don't want to pay for you that liability insurance.
Given today's worsening chances of even getting volunteer and observership jobs for IMGs I suggest that you say Yes and you get your liability insurance.

How to get it,
Just Google for Medical Liability Insurance and make sure you check several of them before you choose, prices vary depending on your visa status and the duration of the insurance.
Most of them they have forms to fill online then they'll contact telling you your premium [which mean how much you should pay]

Good luck my friend
I am planning on doing an elective in Temple University, they don't provide malpractice insurance. I am supposed to find it myself, unfortunately I can't find any, tried many places.

Please I need your help asap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.