USMLE Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saying used to be...

Study 2 months for Part 1, 2 weeks for part 2, and bring a #2 pencil to part 3.
Old US Doc

I now say

3-6, 3 and 3 months each 1-2-3

:eek:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These polls are voted for by IMGs, the story is different with US med students, I guess
LOL more US students fail the USMLE then reported. I personally know of 4 cases in the last 5 years, if I know that many then there are way more.

A US student usually gets 3 attempts by the school to pass step one before dismissed.

Don't over estimate the US system, the US wants you to though.......... These students are taught and tested by many of the same people who write the board questions, so why would they not do better? The system here is geared to it

Also the IMG's are much much better at path, thats the reason Step one is so hard, all this theory stuff is not emphasized in the schools they go to.

Besides most of the Docs in the US say that step one proves nothing and is total BS, useless for the most part to real practice, yet you have to pass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
LOL more US students fail the USMLE then reported. I personally know of 4 cases in the last 5 years, if I know that many then there are way more.

A US student usually gets 3 attempts by the school to pass step one before dismissed.

Don't over estimate the US system, the US wants you to though.......... These students are taught and tested by many of the same people who write the board questions, so why would they not do better? The system here is geared to it

Also the IMG's are much much better at path, thats the reason Step one is so hard, all this theory stuff is not emphasized in the schools they go to.

Besides most of the Docs in the US say that step one proves nothing and is total BS, useless for the most part to real practice, yet you have to pass.
i dont think that is true, most american students pass. maybe you just know really poor students

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts