Ethnicity / Nationality
(Any) / English only
Type of study
Online - Emails - Skype - Messengers
How to Contact
Please PM me
Comments
Hi.
Im from Pakistan , i started studyin a couple of days back. I started from zero so i wud like to look for some1 who also started from scrap so we can sail together. If there is any1 whose plan match with me then please post in ur reply here. I am highly motivated and serious regarding my plan so only serious ones to reply here. It doesnt matter where r u from because we can always be in touch online. Hope to see some positive replies sooner! Kindly post the following:

1. When did u start or starting prep?

2. How much covered till now?

3. When do u plan to sit for exam?

It will help the members to chose the appropriate partners who match their timeline.
About me:
I have just started studying and almost at zero point at the moment so i would like some1 starting afresh. I plan to sit for my exam around March / April '11.

Hope to hear positive replies soon from highly motivated people.

Regards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
we may be partners

Salam,

1. I started preparation a month ago (i started not from zero..im still medical student so i hv some knowledge!)

2. completed anatomy and physiology of step 1

3. the first half (jan-june) of 2013 or the last quarter (sept-dec) of 2012

best regards :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi
i m studying for step 1 too but i m still a medical student and get interrupted by exams and prof , i have done my first read on high yield subjects like patho , mirco , pharma , havent touched the rest yet , but i plan on giving step 1 in 2011 if all goes well , i ll start my prep in january and hopefully end by june , we can always discuss , i m doing Only Pathology at the moment as its my current course subject so if u need to discuss just throw a message peace

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi i am a fresh medical grad and currently going for demo classes in search of a good mle tutor or sm1 to guide moi...
Tentatively i would like to appear for the exam sometime in March/April 2011 also :)
I am yet to start so technically am at the zero point too..
Let me know how you plan to go about...
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best time?

hey wats the best time to give step 1???
i m in 2nd year and think i shd give it by end of 3rd.....wat do u guys say????
plus where can i gt info on test dates in pak????
heard its conducted in LUMS....is that so????

·
Registered
52 Posts
@ sameera
it depends on ur preparation , you are in 2nd yr now so grab anatomy , physio , biochem kaplan notes and give them a good read along with your text books meanwhile start doing questions from qbook , in third year you ll have pharma and mirco along with immunology and by fourth you ll be doing pathology so best time would be end of fourth yr or start of final yr if you follow it all the way , consider yourself lucky becuz u can get all the guidance from here and you are early at this so make full use of it goodluck

·
Registered
3 Posts
bt wont i forgt all this by then.....
i m sure i will.
actually my bros a doc too and he askd me to giv by end of third so that all the anatomy etc sticks...
wat do u say???

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys
can any one plz tell me where can i buy kapalan books for step 1 with q bank ?in pakistan
and how much it cost in total? what are the ltest addition ?
hope to get ur reply soon ..

·
Registered
623 Posts
hi guys
can any one plz tell me where can i buy kapalan books for step 1 with q bank ?in pakistan
and how much it cost in total? what are the ltest addition ?
hope to get ur reply soon ..
hello yup if ir in lhr u cn get all the books needed from union book
dvds may take time kaplan books plus dvds cost 4000/-bt make sure u check all ur dvds n tell the shopkeeper if there is any error coz i faced prob with dvds n a freind of mine gt dvds dat were blank so check on dat n q banks re also available there all in all its nt difficult to gt any book in paki if u wnt to knw anuthing else sure ask on forum:)
best of luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
thank u!

could you plz tell me how much it will cost in total for step1,with all prces until result.
pls if possble reply soon i am rally in tn got few days..

·
Registered
3 Posts
could you plz tell me how much it will cost in total for step1,with all prces until result.
s

they are really cheap ,the pakistani print:cool:
since u'll only be reviewing from them its better to get these
can range from 100---300Rs depends on where u gt these from!:))

·
Registered
623 Posts
ok if u wnt to knw abt the total cost well i wud say jus one thing dat prepare ur kaplan course in sch a way dat u knw n understand every single sentence n work hard on mcqs u cn get second hand books also;:happy: ive gt sme second hand books. nobody cn give u a gross total of wt u ve to spend on ur preperation it depends on u entirely .
n usmle xam fee u cn check on usmle site.keep asking wat else quiries u ve coz i ve also gone thru sch troubles

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took my 2nd prof exams! That means I'm done with my basics.
I have the Kaplan Lecture Notes and Kaplan Q Bank books..I'm not very good at what I've studied... I need a study partner, preferably online!
Can anyone tell me what'd be the best time to take step 1 exam ??

·
Registered
52 Posts
start your prep , go visit step 1 forum and go through threads regarding books , time and schedule , keep discussing with other members regarding your preparation and queries , its all on you just take a start and everything ll be crystal clear with time , if there are any questions you wanna ask just drop me a pm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts