USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did my 1st NBME today. I got a low score of 194. My exam is in 5 weeks. I am super depressed :toosad:... is it possible to make it up before my exam? I honestly felt many of the questions were decent and that if i did a revision I would be in a better position. Any tips how to proceed and should I postpone my exam? My eligibility period ends in april 30th. The exam is in 5 weeks.

I have finished Uworld once along with FA. I have also done the kaplan videos and notes once before that. Please let me know if I should postpone. Iv been doing hardcore study everyday and still I got a low score. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys I did my 1st NBME today. I got a low score of 194. My exam is in 5 weeks. I am super depressed :toosad:... is it possible to make it up before my exam? I honestly felt many of the questions were decent and that if i did a revision I would be in a better position. Any tips how to proceed and should I postpone my exam? My eligibility period ends in april 30th. The exam is in 5 weeks.

I have finished Uworld once along with FA. I have also done the kaplan videos and notes once before that. Please let me know if I should postpone. Iv been doing hardcore study everyday and still I got a low score. :(
im gonna be honest with u to help u put urself in the best position to do well. ur gonna have to postpone ur exam. if ur nbme score is a 194, u are seriously at risk of failing the real exam if u were to write it today. the good thing is, between now and end of april, you have lots of time, use it well. u need to really focus on concepts and understand what is going on. try to revise FA multiple times, understand every word. read over UW explanations again. remember all of this effort is about ur future so stay motivated and u can do it. goodluck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't despair

I think you may have to push back the test a couple more weeks, but not past April. if you give yourself 70 to 100 questions of UWorld daily plus FA read again you should be more than fine. One time Uworld is not enough, you need at least time and 1/2. Make notes regarding charts etc u find in uworld and separate a timeslot to read those daily along with ur other highyield memorization stuff. Take an NBME in 3 weeks. You should be investing 10 or more hours a day. You should be in a completely different place. Don't loose face.
Success.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think you may have to push back the test a couple more weeks, but not past April. if you give yourself 70 to 100 questions of UWorld daily plus FA read again you should be more than fine. One time Uworld is not enough, you need at least time and 1/2. Make notes regarding charts etc u find in uworld and separate a timeslot to read those daily along with ur other highyield memorization stuff. Take an NBME in 3 weeks. You should be investing 10 or more hours a day. You should be in a completely different place. Don't loose face.
Success.
I wouldnt do uWorld twice. I would do another bank before doing questions a second time.

Rx really helps you get the fine details of First Aid hammered down

Do Rx subject based 2 blocks a day, and then do one block of uWorld mixed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts