USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice. Just received my step 1 score which was <200. I'm relieved to have passed, but extremely disappointed about the score. I'm an IMG from Caribbean school, am I doomed? Is there anyone out there with similar experiences who have managed to secure residency or are in the same boat? Any advice is appreciated as I'm feeling very helpless, disappointed and considering giving up:(

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey dont give up! this is a really hard test and even just passing if a big accomplishment. are you an american citizen? i know people from my school with less then 200 and got interviews in family med/pysch. But you gotta kick butt on step 2!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, i did my exam last year i also got a low score.... at that time the newest Nbme was tthe 17th it overpredicted my grade.. i felt that the real deal was like :eek::eek::eek: idk if it is because of the new formant or if the exam is getting harder and they just want to bring down a little bit the step 1 score's mean... NO IDEA.
but hey, dont give up... we have a lot of options to make up for this... the first thing to do is to get a really good step 2 ck score.
so...DO IT, BECAUSE U CAN!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, i did my exam last year i also got a low score.... at that time the newest Nbme was tthe 17th it overpredicted my grade.. i felt that the real deal was like :eek::eek::eek: idk if it is because of the new formant or if the exam is getting harder and they just want to bring down a little bit the step 1 score's mean... NO IDEA.
but hey, dont give up... we have a lot of options to make up for this... the first thing to do is to get a really good step 2 ck score.
so...DO IT, BECAUSE U CAN!
hi MerryM
which month did u give ur exam last year?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice. Just received my step 1 score which was <200. I'm relieved to have passed, but extremely disappointed about the score. I'm an IMG from Caribbean school, am I doomed? Is there anyone out there with similar experiences who have managed to secure residency or are in the same boat? Any advice is appreciated as I'm feeling very helpless, disappointed and considering giving up:(
hey !
do u know where did u go wrong in your prep?
i often here people not doing well and wonder if mist of the people are using the standardized testing material.. then what goes wrong? is it the attitude, lack of focus, determination?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts