USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
respected doctors and medical students, is it necessary to have our medical credentials verified before receiving our scheduling permit for USMLE step 1? one of my friend graduated from medical school that participate in ECFMG medical school web portal and he received his scheduling permit after his medical credentials got verified but ECFMG says it is necessary to have our medical credentials verified at time of sitting for USMLE exams and its separate process runs in background for many months and applicant can take exams.now my medical school does not participate in ECFMG medical school web portal and my medical school is very slow in replying and I fear that if ECFMG goes for my medical credentials verification before allowing me to sit for exams then I wouldn't be able to appear in exams at my chosen month or date.my medical school is very slow in replying . Please help

·
Registered
87 Posts
ECFMG told me its not necessary to have your medical credentials to sit in USMLE exams
Yes, you can sit for usmle exams with just valid 186 form on file....you need medical credentials verified to get ecfmg certificate.

You cannot loose money if you can take exam with in permit slot given ( including extension of 3 months)...

medical credentials verification (Form 327-A) take time...It takes 6-8 weeks from the time ecfmg receive them....for my friends it took 10-12 weeks but it depends on busy schedule/season at ecfmg....all the best...focus on exam as medical credentials verification has nothing to do with your exam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts