USMLE Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am an old IMG, with a failed Step 1 (one attempt), passed Step 2CS (1st attempt) and I am currently in this controversy if its worth to keep on this or to leave it.

If I go for it, it will be to apply next year, and I sometimes wonder if I still have the chance to get a pediatric residency in the US.

IF someone have had a similar experience, and can help me with this, please I will really appreciate it. I am thinking on kaplan in the US, that means a huge investment in the economical way, but it will also means only to focus on that.
Please help meee, tell me about experiences of your own or that you know from someone else. :plz::plz::plz::plz::plz::plz::plz::scared::scared::scared:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you take any self asessments before taking the test? And what where your scores? If you try to get a superb score next time and do well on 2ck then you have chances, many have done that before. I know a girl with 4 attempts who finally matched in psychiatry.But take that with a grain of salt as soon as you need to have good connections in USA.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did you take any self asessments before taking the test? And what where your scores? If you try to get a superb score next time and do well on 2ck then you have chances, many have done that before. I know a girl with 4 attempts who finally matched in psychiatry.But take that with a grain of salt as soon as you need to have good connections in USA.
what was her YOG? that matters too or not??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I did, and all assessments I did went well. I still cant understand what when wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand having a setback like that will make you doubt yourself. But from what I have learned over the past few months into studying for these exams is NEVER GIVE UP! Its a real long road and its a little bit tougher for you but there are ways to overcome it. Perform well in the coming exams, make your CV stronger and get a few rotations under your belt. Since you are aiming for a pediatric residency, get rotations in those hospitals where you plan to go. I'm sure you have heard that scores are everything. So your goal right now should be to get good scores and then work on the rest of your application. Good Luck and Godspeed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand having a setback like that will make you doubt yourself. But from what I have learned over the past few months into studying for these exams is NEVER GIVE UP! Its a real long road and its a little bit tougher for you but there are ways to overcome it. Perform well in the coming exams, make your CV stronger and get a few rotations under your belt. Since you are aiming for a pediatric residency, get rotations in those hospitals where you plan to go. I'm sure you have heard that scores are everything. So your goal right now should be to get good scores and then work on the rest of your application. Good Luck and Godspeed.
thanks a lot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts