USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i am a fresh grad IMG,.. currently preparing for my step 1,...

I must have subscribed to a dozen forums on the USMLE,.. but so far ive found an information vacuum on military hospitals... i dont know whether its a lack of interest from IMGs, a non-viable pathway for IMGs,... or just an extraordinary dead end in today's information superhighway?

I have a GC,.. so for the army and the navy's regular recruitment standards, i should be able to enlist (the airforce does not welcome non-citizens)... but i was wondering,.. do militray hospital training programs have different standards?

I read somewhere they have an early deadline for match applicants ( results are released on December),.. but thats all ive found,.. nothing on requirements etc...

also,.. for the militray hospitals in California,.. is the California letter also a requirement?

thanks guys...

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Citizenship required

As far as I know that only citizens can be admitted to military residency programs (any military not only the air force). The proof for that is that when you enter your Green card status in ERAS and search for military programs you'll see them grayed-out and you cannot apply to them but when change your status to citizen you can actually apply.

Yes, California military program do require California letter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts