USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellas,
i have two questions,

1. i bought this book (microbiology MRS) as i founded the top resource for this subject, as i was going through the index i found out that there is no immunology section. Does this mean that i have to get another book for immunology or i can use the kaplan lecture not immunology section? actually the Kaplan LN were not recommended for micro, so is there is another high rated book for immunology other than the kaplan....thanks in advance

2. as i am currently studying physiology, i tried to look back to the FA to review what i studied from BRS and KAplan, but it is kinda hard to follow the track of physio through the FA as it is divided as organ system-based classification, so simply i have to go through the whole FA
aren't there any simpler way to track physiology other than this silly method in the FA?

Yours,
USMLE newbie ;D:sleepy:

·
Registered
433 Posts
1- Yes, CMMRS only has micro in it. Of course you can complement it with kaplan immuno section (this is also what i'm doing). I hear that the immuno section in Kaplan is not half as bad, it's much better than kaplan. If you definitely want to strive for the best book I think you can find, try Levinson review of microbiology and immunology. I've read amazing reviews on it's immuno section and it's only about 90 pages long. The micro section on that book is good also but you can skip it and use CMMRS instead. I've heard that Rapid Review Immunology is bare-bones and to the point, this could be an option if you have a good immuno base.

2- Well you could always read the physiology part on FA per organ system. It's only like about 2-5 pages aprox. of each organ system section. If it isn't too late you can always change your study method; read the physiology of the organ system you'd like to study then go to that section on FA then continue studying other parts of that system like pathology, pharmacology, anatomy etc.

Hope this helps. I'm also just starting to study so take what you need from this. Good luck. :happy:

Yours,
USMLE newbie ;D:sleepy:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
625 Posts
Kaplan immunology plus Micro MRS is sufficient together... In fact, I would have said, just do FA Micro and Kaplan Immunology and supplement your knowledge with UW explanations. Micro is definitely tested given that it is the single biggest section in FA, but you don't need to be an infectious diseases expert. Do questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts