USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im studying for step 3. I personally think that medicine is given better in MTB 2. Should i only study MTB 3 or do i study medicine from
Mtb2??

·
Registered
239 Posts
MTB3 is made to suit Step 3 exam.Step 3 focuses much on management,the concepts cleared better in MTB3.
To understand disease better you may want to refer MTB2......but it should not be a substitute to MTB3 for step3.

·
Registered
43 Posts
@doc.mav, could u plz explain how u prepared for step3 , what materials you used, how you prepared for ccs , any tips on preparation
thanks!
good luck!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
@doc.mav, could u plz explain how u prepared for step3 , what materials you used, how you prepared for ccs , any tips on preparation
thanks!
good luck!!
Most important things which contributed to my score were
UW and Kaplan Qbank for MCQs
Archers and UW for CCS.
I did MTB3 but not completely(only about 40%),MTB2 for some diseases esp in Heme and endocrine.
Did UW 3 times and Kaplan 2 times(I took more time than most candidates to prepare:4.5 months as I was doing observership too).Anyways I will strongly suggest not to miss Kaplan Q bank.You will be pleasantly surprised during the real exam if you would have done Kaplan Qbank(I heard this in this forum only and am telling after experiencing myself).
Also do the CCS cases of the USMLE sample cases and get familiar with the real software,it is little different from UW,but UW cases are good to practice.
CCS Cases do end much earlier than 20 min,but in tough and confusing cases I took advantage of this fact to think on all possible diagnoses or investigations,in this way I feel I did at least 2 complex cases right.
I think well that's what it was,practicing qbanks and CCS cases few times is the key,thats what I was told and that's exactly what I will suggest.
Good luck in your quest for good score in Step 3.:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Most important things which contributed to my score were
UW and Kaplan Qbank for MCQs
Archers and UW for CCS.
I did MTB3 but not completely(only about 40%),MTB2 for some diseases esp in Heme and endocrine.
Did UW 3 times and Kaplan 2 times(I took more time than most candidates to prepare:4.5 months as I was doing observership too).Anyways I will strongly suggest not to miss Kaplan Q bank.You will be pleasantly surprised during the real exam if you would have done Kaplan Qbank(I heard this in this forum only and am telling after experiencing myself).
Also do the CCS cases of the USMLE sample cases and get familiar with the real software,it is little different from UW,but UW cases are good to practice.
CCS Cases do end much earlier than 20 min,but in tough and confusing cases I took advantage of this fact to think on all possible diagnoses or investigations,in this way I feel I did at least 2 complex cases right.
I think well that's what it was,practicing qbanks and CCS cases few times is the key,thats what I was told and that's exactly what I will suggest.
Good luck in your quest for good score in Step 3.:)
Thanks for sharing with us this helpful information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts