USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I think that I am really dumb, because I cannot understand muscle contraction at all. I learned it by heart back at my 2nd year of my meduniversity, and 4 month ago during watching of Kaplan lectures(with dr. Fischer), but I cant save my knowledge of muscle contraction for long time because I just dont understand it at all. Can anyone link video or book or whatever what can explain it for complete idiots?

P.S. I understand action potential and all the ions and channels perfectly, but when things come to actin/myosin its just brrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

Thank you very much and good luck to everyone who will take step 1 recently.
Happy-2Happy-2Happy-2:eek::eek::eek::D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Long time ago there was a princess called Actin and her father, king Troponin
There was a handsome young man, a farmer, Myosin
Actin and Myosin loved each other and the wanted to kiss and hug each other but the king Troponin is holding The princess Actin beside him.
The queen Calcium was ok with her daughter being in love with Myosin, because he was a good man
Calcium, the queen, entered the hall and covered the king's ,Troponin eyes
Now the barrier between Actin and Myosin is no longer exists, and the two lovers can hug and kiss each other Myosin hugs Actin so warmly that he move her .
Guards, ATP , come to separate the two lovers
Myosin take his sword and split ATP int Two halves, ADP andand Pi
And then The king Troponin pushes The queen's hand and hold his daughter then again Calcium, the queen put her hands on his eyes and the process repeated as long as tge is Guards, ATP and a mom lol ves her daughter Calcium

1 - 3 of 3 Posts