USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am preparing for step 1. I am from a carib medical school and I lack basic concepts here and there in all courses. I have bought subscription to Najeeb`s videos. But cos I plan to give USMLE 1 in 5 months.
My main focus is Kaplan, first aid and Uworld. So due to this time constraint. What are the most important videos that I should look at? I dont want to go over all of them cos I dont have time. So which are the most important and must see NAjeeb Videos???

I know I should refer the videos where I feel like my concepts are weak. But quite frankly, that too tedious to look through all the videos to find that topic because most videos are labelled generally for example, for Renal phys - tubular secretion 1,2...7. Now I have to browse and sorta fast fwd through all those to get the point why HCO3- prod is indirect in late distal tubule.
Besides, I feel that even if I go over the videos where I know my concepts I learn and understand something more.

So let me know all you guys, which videos according to you are the most high yield, A MUST Watch?? And I request to make this a sticky thread and many people will benefit from this.

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
thats a good question, since im a carib student too, and in the same position as u honestly i had first decided to watch em all but they were talking so long so i decided not to watch them, if there is a concept which i really dont get i would go back to it but i think patho physio wud be the best since its better to know how things work than memorize

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dr. Najeb is good, i've watched some of his videos when I was taking physio and neuro in med school but he is way too detailed for usmle-purposes. Another problem with watching Dr. Najeb is that he does not emphasize on any HY material...he treats everything the same. In fact he rarely ever mentions the usmle in his videos, which is not a bad thing when you are taking the course in med school and trying to understand al the details but when prep'ing for the usmle, you have to spend your time wisely. I haven't taken the test yet so my advice might not be very valid but if I were you (and if you're basics aren't so strong in certain areas), I would just pick up a good book on the topic, read it and then watch a Kaplan video on it or something to highlight the HY stuff. Kaplan LNs are pretty good too. But if you insist on watching Dr. Najeb, you can always play the videos on 2X speed. its totally doable. You just have to get used to it for the first 5 minutes and then he'll start sounding normal :)

All the best
Sarah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts