USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did nbme form 2 .... less than 20 days left for real ck ....very poor in pediatrics and growth dev after that less poor in psychiatry .... next good in surgery .... very good in medicine .... excellent in obgyn ...
This performance is exact reflection of my UW qbank .... can some some give me some advice how can i boost up my pediatrics and psy .... any technique ...
Thank You

·
Registered
741 Posts
Do more peds and psych questions

Did you finish the USMLEWorld bank?
Did you do Kaplan Qbank?
Did you read Conrad Fischer's Ethics Book?

The best way is to do more and more peds and psych questions (don't do random, do only peds and psych). At this critical time I don't advise to read any more books except for Conrad Fischer's Ethics book, this book you can finish in one day and it will seriously increase your ethical questions score (which is why your psych is probably low).

220 is not a bad score by the way.

Wishing you a great exam score :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank a lot Rasheed ... I always did pedi randomly .... Now its time to do ques specifically .... I did those q-bank ......tho i revised ques from UW .... But i didnt read ethics book ... I will read it .... Thanks a lot again for ur great advise .....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah 220 is the Magic 500 mark so your fine:happy:
i got 520 ( 222 ) ... even tho .. I m nervous ..cause lots of ques i know the ans but at the time of picking ques i choose wrong one .. thats why i think i m getting a bit crazy ... but now i think its time to get ready for a long hrs exam very soon and thanks for ur inspiration ....

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
i got 520 ( 222 ) ... even tho .. I m nervous ..cause lots of ques i know the ans but at the time of picking ques i choose wrong one .. thats why i think i m getting a bit crazy ... but now i think its time to get ready for a long hrs exam very soon and thanks for ur inspiration ....
I am facing the same problem.
I always tell myself "how stupid to choose that option" :toosad:
I think the trick is to practice more and more

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am facing the same problem.
I always tell myself "how stupid to choose that option" :toosad:
I think the trick is to practice more and more
Count me in that club
I think 2 things help

1. Review Review Review
2. Never change an answer

:p

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup never change ur ans .... by doing that in UW i made almost more than 100 mistakes , and i told myself stupid more than 100 times ..... and was about to dev thichotillomania ..... In a large paper in front of my table ... i have written " I WILL NEVER CHANGE MY ANS FROM MY FIRST GUESS " but didnt work ... i did make mistake .... but with review it will decrease ....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yup never change ur ans .... by doing that in UW i made almost more than 100 mistakes , and i told myself stupid more than 100 times ..... and was about to dev thichotillomania ..... In a large paper in front of my table ... i have written " I WILL NEVER CHANGE MY ANS FROM MY FIRST GUESS " but didnt work ... i did make mistake .... but with review it will decrease ....
Yes so true, keeping the first answer when not sure is only a little better than 50% but to change it causes you to be wrong over 70% of the time, so the odds swing to where it wrong more often when you change it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts