USMLE Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fist of all I would like to thank you all for your best quotes and answers. When the interesting Questions are made you always have an precise answer.
So I decided to ask general opinion about my future plans with step I preparation. If it doesn't matter.
I'm III year student in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Actually I really learned hard all the basic subjects from physio to pathology but these all from Georgian books (they aren't quite adequate for boards). This year I heard about USMLE and decided to pass Step 1 during my student years.

These are books, I'll do before the exam:

High Yield Neuroanatomy
BRS Physiology
Lippincott's Review -Biochemistry
High Yield Histology
High Yield Embryology
Road Map Genetics
Lippincott's pharmacology
Goljan RR pathology
Microbiology MRS

before the exam FA and UWorld.

I have enough time to deal with this books. So I'd like to ask is this material enough for step 1? desired score is above 95 :D :D

Thanks for your attention.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Welcome to USMLE Forums

Welcome beka to our forums. You are actually the first medical student to join us from Georgia and we are excited about it :happy:

Your plan is looking good if you are sure that you have the time for it.

Start your prep and am sure you'll be having some queries along the way, so come back here and we'll help you ace the exam.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh USMLE is Truly actual issue in Georgia. Many Med students are prepearing for it. So i gethered informations about boards from this forum and i've printed all these books already.
Thanks for your attention, this forum helped, helps and will help me and all students who are intereseted in USMLE.
It's good to know that I'm the first one here. I'll do my best for this exam! ! !

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Buddy. Yes I know that these books need more work than Kaplan Notes and so on, but i think i've got enough time for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Beka.I'm Georgian too.Applied for step 1 just 2 weeks ago.

Hi Beka. I'm Georgian too.Applied for step 1 just 2 weeks ago. :) Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
need a study partner from Tbilisi

Planning to write step 1 the end of this year or early 2013 and I need a study partner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need your result Beka, I'm also Georgian!

Hey, I really want to be sure that it's avaliable to pass the exam using these review books. Let me know your score.:confused:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, I really want to be sure that it's avaliable to pass the exam using these review books. Let me know your score.:confused:
Deal :) :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Integration of knowledge for Step 1

When studying for USMLE most students study the systems individually and independently of each other. They get a good grip and understanding of the material. The real challenge is then faced: how to integrate the systems and apply that to the the questions. After all the ultimate test is how well you can do this on 300+ questions come test day. If you need a method to teach you how to integrate we can help you. Please email us for further information: our email address is; [email protected]. With Compliments, The Institute of Medical Boards. Established in 1981.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Exam on 18th march

I am takin step 1 on 18th march. I am done with 30% uworld questions, and m doing FA sidy by side with uworld. What do you suggest how i should proceed with rest of my preparation to be ready. And when should i take nbme and how am i supposed to kno if i am ready for nbme exams.
Any views, guidance, experience is much much appreciated.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am takin step 1 on 18th march. I am done with 30% uworld questions, and m doing FA sidy by side with uworld. What do you suggest how i should proceed with rest of my preparation to be ready. And when should i take nbme and how am i supposed to kno if i am ready for nbme exams.
Any views, guidance, experience is much much appreciated.
i suggest you to read following threads:

http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/36210-dit-useful-exam-day-tips.html
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/35831-nbme-13-score.html
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/37352-posting-one-hour-before-exam.html
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/38684-finally-score-here-beka-cts.html

Reactions: Thrax_usmle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi beka-CTS :)
I'm an IMG (graduated in 2012) and I'll start preparing for step 1 very soon Happy-2. I was going to post a thread asking about my study plan which strangely is exactly the same as yours :)). I'll planning to use the same review books you mentioned + kaplan videos to help me clarify the subjects and of course FA & UWorld.
After a long search i decided to use the same review books you're using, but still I'm not sure about 3 subjects so I have 3 questions:
1. I'm confused about Biochemistry because Lippincott's seems to contain many details that other books don't, so I would like to ask you all is Lippincott's too much for step 1???
2. is kaplan genetics enough? because Road Map Genetics seems looong:eek:
3. I heard that HY histology contains less histology material and more patho,physio,and pharma.. is that ture?

Sorry for elongation.. :sorry:
I would really appreciate your help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts