USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow students! I am an international medical student from Brazil. I intend to start my preparationin february 3rd, less than a week from now. I will start with general principles, doing questions every time I finish one content. For instance, when I finish going through all Biochemistry material that I have, I will start doing Biochem questions. I have Kaplan LN's, videos and their high-yield series, as well as the BRS books, the High-Yield series, First Aid, First Aid Q&A, Kaplan QBook, Pathoma the book and the videos, and some more... :D

After I am finished with general principles I will start to study by organs/systems. For instance, I could start with the cardiovascular system. Then I would go through cardiovascular embryology, anatomy, physiology, histology, pathology and farmacology. I am determined to take the exam somewhen in early 2015. I'm not registered on ECFMG, Although I plan to do that a little while before the exam. I will be active on this and some other forums, where I will post my study experiences, questions and stuff, good luck to all!
My schedule is tight, but I will find time. I intend to study real hard as I am am aiming towards 260+.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi neurocirugiao,

What's up? What is your city? I am from Sao Paulo. Do you want to pursue residency in US?

About your preparation, don't forget USW!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Corinthiano

What's up man, I finally meet someone who's not egyptian or arabic! haha, just kidding. Yes I really do want to pursue residency in the US, more than anything. What's your situation? Also preparing for step 1? I am from Brasília :cool:

What do you mean by USW? Usmleworld?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Starting Step 1

Hi! Im also IMG! Starting studying for step 1 this month. My plan is to start with this method I read in this forum. The ZumZum method but my plan is to finish by the end of may beginning of june. I already study for step 2 ck but during my preparation I realize that step 1 was super important for step 2 ck, so I decide to follow the order: step 1 first and then step 2 :D

So my plan is to study 8-10 hours per day from monday-friday and during the weekends 4 hours because I work during the weekends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey folks! I'm Brazilian too. I sent a PM to both of you with my email =)

And neurocirurgiao, I'm on the exact same boat as you. Got all the material, and started one week ago, with Biochemistry. And the Pathoma videos are amazing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends,
I am also a brazilian, now studying for Step 1 and thinking about taking the test in the end of this year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello, I'm Brazilian too! I'm still in school and I'll start my Step 1 preparation next week. Enjoying my last few days of vacation.
From what I've heard, Brazilians have a good percentage of people matching every year, so that's a nice incentive for us, who are just starting the long journey. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I'm brazillian too!
I'll start preparing for Step 1 in 2016 :)
Do you guys have any group with other brazillians IMG that are studying for USMLE?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts