USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently one of my seniors said that even if u are an IMG and u score above 90 percent still its very hard to get a residency in USA and I am wasting my time as one of his senior fail to do so.

I mean is this true its very irritating to hear so when u are preparing for USMLE its kills ur heart :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Recently one of my seniors said that even if u are an IMG and u score above 90 percent still its very hard to get a residency in USA and I am wasting my time as one of his senior fail to do so.

I mean is this true its very irritating to hear so when u are preparing for USMLE its kills ur heart :eek:
You should be focusing on you and not what your senior is saying about IMGs not getting residency spots. You must be confident as a physician and a human being, and you must also set your standards higher and refuse to settle for less than what you are becoming.

This is quite insulting to our profession when you hear "seniors" or whatnot are making negative comments like that one. Get your board exams in check and aim for the best. So many good residency spots were filled by IMGs this year, and you should expect to match when time comes. Just do you and stay away from getting advises from fools... you did not go to medical school to let anyone decide your future for you. You should lead your path instead and let God be your ultimate light along the way. I wish you all the best, doctor!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank u

You should be focusing on you and not what your senior is saying about IMGs not getting residency spots. You must be confident as a physician and a human being, and you must also set your standards higher and refuse to settle for less than what you are becoming.

This is quite insulting to our profession when you hear "seniors" or whatnot are making negative comments like that one. Get your board exams in check and aim for the best. So many good residency spots were filled by IMGs this year, and you should expect to match when time comes. Just do you and stay away from getting advises from fools... you did not go to medical school to let anyone decide your future for you. You should lead your path instead and let God be your ultimate light along the way. I wish you all the best, doctor!
ur encouraging words really help me sometimes the clouds just surround our eyes and we just act like a fool

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank u

They way your Senior talks, shows the reasons he did not get that spot, he's to negative, remember that:

"The greatest achievements in sports and life were performed by individuals who where to dumb to realize that what they did was impossible"

Follow you dreams, and show some grit.
really ur all help means a lot

·
Registered
535 Posts

Hi, don't listen to "seniors" who are not actively in the ground/background of the matching process. Apply widely to the IMG friendly programs present in my lists and you will be fine. Many people with very low scores and old graduates matched in 2010 season.

Goodluck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts