USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave step 1 exam on 30th Dec 2014 and result hasnt arrived yet... but I have written a comprehensive review about my experience... I cannot share my scores yet but my nbmes were all 250+... I hope to continue the trend into real deal... :plz: Anyways... The review I wrote got extremely long thats I posted it on my blog... it will also ensure longterm availability... Already shared it on Facebook and I hope it will be helpful to newcomers to this forum... here is the link (copy the following address if link doesn't appear and paste it in browser address bar)

iamjagjit.wordpress.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey. Hope you achieve a great score.
you meant you used books like guyton, robbins? (How did you use them)
also how exactly did you annotate everything into FA. A lot of topics are missing.

Again wish you the best.
Thanx...
nopes... i didnt use guyton or robbins at all... n i dont think its mentioned anywhere in my review... but yes i did use goljan and its amazing book... about annotation... u hav to use ur judgement of which info is important and can be asked in questions... u can add sheets to first aid if u r cramped by space... but still b very choosy while annotating... good luck Happy-2

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanx...
nopes... i didnt use guyton or robbins at all... n i dont think its mentioned anywhere in my review... but yes i did use goljan and its amazing book... about annotation... u hav to use ur judgement of which info is important and can be asked in questions... u can add sheets to first aid if u r cramped by space... but still b very choosy while annotating... good luck Happy-2
What did you mean for reference books then?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh that... I meant the extra book i used for each subject besides kaplan n goljan... like high yield for anatomy subsections, brs for physio, brs... Basically the idea is.. u hav to hav a standard book and one reference book to cover up the gaps in knowledge left after doing standard book...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hope u best score :)
Wanna ask u i am reviewing FA (finished kaplan b4) now studying FA physio when i need to understand things vague in FA i refer to kaplan but things not in FA does it need to be read again frm kaplan ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope u best score :)
Wanna ask u i am reviewing FA (finished kaplan b4) now studying FA physio when i need to understand things vague in FA i refer to kaplan but things not in FA does it need to be read again frm kaplan ?
I basically consolidated all important info into first aid n then revised it later... so cannot really advice u on this... but if u feel u r getting questions wrong in any topic, u can always go back n revise it up... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.