Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just got done with my step 1.
My REGRETS were
1) not discovering this forum earlier
2) not solving more questions.
3) not having or sticking to the top resources.
4)not integrating step 1 prep/books in my earlier medical years.
5) not having a journal where I write my progress and get motivated.

A little Introduction
I am a 5th year West African medical student whose step 1 prep increased and changed his perspective of medicine.
I loved the integration of concepts I got from step 1 and would love to incooperate the same integration from hence forth.

GOALS OF THIS THREAD.
1)To have fun writing down the ups and downs of my preparations for step 2 ck and CS.
2) avoid all mistakes I made during my step 1.
3) mainly to keep the zeal and motivation on for step 2 ck.
4) To invite my other colleagues to feel free to join me form a force and Ace this
Step.

RESOURCES GOTTEN
1) ALL step 2 ck Kaplan lecture Notes.
2) Master the boards 2 and 3.
3) Kaplan qbook.
4) ethics, 100 cases ..Conrad Fischer
5) FA for step2 Ck

taking the step sometime next year as we are yet to begin 2nd clinical rotations (senior posting) next year.
DREAM SCORE : 290+ :D
REALISTIC SCORE : 260+ :cool: :happy:

FUTURE CARDIOLOGIST.

Udochukwu

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1st of all

1)starting with step 2 ck IM lecture notes plan to finish it in 3 weeks or less but school work is going to slow me down a bit.
2) finish the IM part of the Kaplan qbook.
3)read MTB 2 section on IM

plan to order Uworld online after first read of all courses.

Any relevant modifications would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
am slow at this

I left IM and currently reading Psychiatry as i am currently doing a psychiatry posting that will last for about 6 weeks, the aim is to finish psychiatry kln before then but i barely have 5 hours left per day but i must confess that my knowledge from behavioral science is really helpful here and has given edge over my colleagues. I have little zeal left and i suspect it is because i do not have my money at stake compared to step 1. Would try to maximize today and henceforth. So help me God. :):happy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
FA Doesn't have enough "CK -like" info but well it has some little things here and there and helps u kinda remember step 1 stuff...but overall not so good a primary book 4 ck... there's a new FA for step 2 that's a better one. but still have found out that Kaplan notes + mtb 2 and 3 is the ishh!!! oh btw i'm from nigeria too ;) ....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@obinocle

:). Nwannem thanks a lot for your input. E be like say the FA for:)step 2 ck no be the way. My prep has been slow though.:notsure::mad:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slow progress

covered the first 8 chapters of psychiatry from the lecture notes but am a bit bored :rolleyes: i think there i would watch the videos on those parts to consolidate them cos i retain the videos more than notes. Learnt that from step 1. Oh yeah, i got a patient to clerk on the psychiatry ward.. 2 hours of clerking.. No jokes :sleepy:. Will update after the weekend.

Your dreams remain dreams until you wake up and take action.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts