USMLE Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you vey very much is not enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May god bless you

All the best,,,,,

its extremely rare to find some1 giving all those gloden advices !!!!!!

You r one of a kind

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you vey very much is not enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May god bless you

All the best,,,,,

its extremely rare to find some1 giving all those gloden advices !!!!!!

You r one of a kind
When humans overcome challenges its our nature to start feeling different or superior. It happens to everyone. I will never stop reminding myself all the hardships I have been through so i never lose control, excitement and prudence over the things in my life. and being humble is the only way to grow especially in Medicine. and you never stop learning and self educating.. I have just packed my kids and new EKG book and pocket medicine and MKSAP to the library but it turned out to be closed. So I am sitting now in McDonald's play place with 20 kids shouting around me and breaking my mind on EKG technical issues.

I believe everything just starts for me right now. and even though I have climbed the tree to the top Im not scared to help others climb it.

In difference from other countries with enormous number of appicants india, pakistan etc.. lot of people teach each other how to do these things correctly. In my country nobody teaches you the right way to succeed on these exams. We are very small number of applicants yearly. and several applicants who happen to pass exams study for years for Step1 with enormously big textbooks.
I would never be able to take step1 without getting to know my friend who did step 1 with moderate size preparation as I call Kaplans, and some other high yield books.

I am happy that out of all 5-7 first year Georgian applicants 5 have matched. + 1 second year applicant. So 6 out of total 15 applicants from total of two schools of my country. its like 90% first year applicants match and 40% match for my country :D
I am genuinely very happy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the post. Congrats also, you deserve it. I didn't match and I feel like I have hit rock bottom, feels like the toughest period of my life. Please could you be so kind as to assist with Attendings willing to be observed? Or preferably do an externship? Thank you in advance and I wish you all the very best.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you for the post. Congrats also, you deserve it. I didn't match and I feel like I have hit rock bottom, feels like the toughest period of my life. Please could you be so kind as to assist with Attendings willing to be observed? Or preferably do an externship? Thank you in advance and I wish you all the very best.
one more thing about repeat applicants. the biggest ordeal for me in applying last year was fear of being repeat applicant next year. I had no ECFMG until december, so who would recommend me to apply without it. I Almost backed up from applying but now i have several examples: of matched repeat applicants (without any significant change in their application), applicants interviewed at the same places for the second and even third time (i was told one would automatically get filtered form the programs where one would be interviewed and not matched: NOT TRUE).
The fact that you did not match to the program you interviewed at does not mean they don't like you anymore. Its just that there are too small number of residency spots, and you are not the one that program would not like to have

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tamta
This is truly a great experience that you wrote about. I am sure it has helped many persons. Thank you for sharing. As I explained in a PM I am now applying for the 2016 match. Though many programs state that they cannot review individual emails how do I go about writing the programs individually? When do I start doing this? I take CS on Tuesday and should be certified in December. I too have plans to do step 3 before residency. I feel I am in the position you were in last year with similar grades etc. please I need some guidance. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow felt amazing after reading it.. thanks for your long detailed and helpful guidelines. . Ill definitely follow them during my match process .. thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Good luCk everyone:plz::plz:
now I am in match again 3 years after :) in Surgery match we will see how things go will update either way all my previous recommendations about emailing programs and behaving on interviews u can find here..

bestof luck I really wish everyone finds peace, as thats only most important thing

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi!

now I am in match again 3 years after :) in Surgery match we will see how things go will update either way all my previous recommendations about emailing programs and behaving on interviews u can find here..

bestof luck I really wish everyone finds peace, as thats only most important thing
Hi Tamta! I read your post and it was very inspiring! I have a question and would like to send a DM if it's okay.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Hi, Tamta. It is truly inspiring and encouraging to read your story. Could you please email me your interview notes if you still have them? My email is [email protected]
I got my first interview invite on Monday and am determined to ace it. Thanks for everything!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts