USMLE Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i just did nbme form 12 n scored 560/235....plz tell me whether i shud delay the exam or just give it...i was aiming for a 250.

and even if i do delay it...does the score really increase in 2 weeks ???

plz guys help me out with this im veryyy confused n will appreciate any piece of advice !!

·
Registered
75 Posts
what will happen in two weeks to increase your score by 15 points? NOTHING.

235 is a great score and you have momentum with you, so take the test when scheduled and do not delay.

Don't risk what you have right now.

·
Registered
590 Posts
235 is a great score!
What if you delay the exam and still get about the same score in NBME? I think you should just go ahead and take the exam. Just study FA again (mainly focus on your weak areas) and do uworld (weak areas) and you should be fine.
Delaying works for people who are totally not ready or scoring really bad on NBME but with your score you should just try to focus on your weak areas and go take the exam :) You will do great!
GOod luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
hello

i just did nbme form 12 n scored 560/235....plz tell me whether i shud delay the exam or just give it...i was aiming for a 250.

plz guys help me out with this im veryyy confused n will appreciate any piece of advice !!
search for member yasir attar, she took the exam recently, She had similar NBME ~ 230, still took the exam and score 258/88 or something. It may help you to go through her experience and opinions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
search for member yasir attar, she took the exam recently, She had similar NBME ~ 230, still took the exam and score 258/88 or something. It may help you to go through her experience and opinions.
thx for all the help guys
n patho..i cant seem to find yasir attar...it ll be a huge help if u cud send me the link or sumthing..

·
Registered
388 Posts
i got 222 in NBME 12 ( 1 month beore the exam)
226 in NBME 7 ( 1 week before the exam)
and actual score 233!

so theres always room for improvement. dont delay go for it! it will make the situation worse!!
also search 'yassirsattar' ull find him. goodluck

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think 235 is great score.. just focus on ur weak areas.. u will definitely do great.

@ricky n shyangel18- how many ques u got wrong in nbme 12 n 7 ?
i did nbme 7, got 219 (40 ques wrong), did many silly mistakes. So just wanna have idea how many ques more cud get me higher score. I know scoring is different for every ques still just for idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey tina thx for the support

i really dont know how many i got wrong as i bought the 50 dollar test...but i think if one gets 28-30 wrong they score around a 235...tho im not too sure abt tat...just an estimate =)

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey tina thx for the support

i really dont know how many i got wrong as i bought the 50 dollar test...but i think if one gets 28-30 wrong they score around a 235...tho im not too sure abt tat...just an estimate =)
to some how ita true i did form 7 235 n 28 wrong n today i did 12 again 235 with 28 wrong so i think u can confidently say in 7 n 12 if u get 170+ right u t 230+ then

·
Registered
44 Posts
nbme forum 7 and 12

hello

hi please can you help me ... if you have nbme forum 7 and/or 12 step 1 without answers if you can send to me on my email [email protected]
thanks alot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts