USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you take any other NBMEs? How are those scores?

If they are lower or around that score range, I'd postpone the exam. These NBMEs are highly predictive, my friends and colleagues only reported a +/- 8 difference compared to their step 1 scores.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It would be great to know what you have already done to prepare for Step 1:

1. Did you already finish UWorld once? What was your cumulative %?
2. Do you feel like you know First Aid well?
3. Any other complementary resources used?
4. How long have you studied already?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1.i did great in Uword , score 96 % and more in most of topics ,
2.i did FA very well , i answer most questions in FA well,
3.never used other than uworld, and FA , n Qaplan in the beggining of the studies
4.itts been awhile siince am studying , more than 6-9 monthes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Dr. Hiba,

I guess those 96% are NOT after the first time going through UWorld. If you went through UWorld several times, this cumulative score is not predictive at all. Do you remember your cumulative score before repeating the qbank? I only barely got 70%, but my NBME scores were around 240/250 afterwards. Something doesn't seem right here.

After 6 - 9 months your NBME score should be much higher. If you are going to take the exam in one month it may be around the same as your recent NBME score.

You'd need to make a new study plan and closely examine your former NBME tests: where are your weaknesses? Why couldn't you answer some of those questions correctly? Is you knowledge base still lacking (I don't think so after 6 - 9 months of prep...)? Do you have problems with your exam "stamina"? Reflect and then decide if and for how long you should postpone the exam.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot for answering :) i appreciate it , yeah i probably will postpone for coupla weeks,

i never tried Pathoma before , u think it might be the reason ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts