USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I gave my 1st nbme form 16 offline - 186.
exam is in another 4 weeks ..
my goal is above 230 .
is there anyway i can improve on my score??
I have done uworld with 55-60% in 1st pass .(3 months subcription from jan to march). along with annotation into FA.
Have finished reading FA after that once.
I am freaking out and clueless what to do next to reach my goal...
I am unable to retain a lot of stuff i read in FA ..and after Nbme 16 score i dont really know how to approach...
any suggestions how to improve score and which nbme forms to approach next would be appreciated ...
should i stick to uworld offline reviewing along with FA ??or add pathoma to the prep...
cuz am falling short of time .Cant postpone exam...:plz::plz::plz::confused:plz:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
I gave my 1st nbme form 16 offline - 186.
exam is in another 4 weeks ..
my goal is above 230 .
is there anyway i can improve on my score??
I have done uworld with 55-60% in 1st pass .(3 months subcription from jan to march). along with annotation into FA.
Have finished reading FA after that once.
I am freaking out and clueless what to do next to reach my goal...
I am unable to retain a lot of stuff i read in FA ..and after Nbme 16 score i dont really know how to approach...
any suggestions how to improve score and which nbme forms to approach next would be appreciated ...
should i stick to uworld offline reviewing along with FA ??or add pathoma to the prep...
cuz am falling short of time .Cant postpone exam...:plz::plz::plz::confused:plz:
please go through FA again and again.read pathoma if at all possible for you. give nbme 17 as soon as possible as its one of the best score predictors. u still have time just put your everything into it.
good luck !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanku for the suggestion :)
The problem am facing is applying the knowledge read in FA to the questions asked, how to improve
there?
Will reviewing uworld again help?
Pathoma is new to me... As I have done golijan before...
So don't really know if I have to do pathoma how to read it within a month.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try DIT (Doctors in training), it may help you get the information with a different approach. And most important, don't present the exam unless you are ready!!! Its better to repay/postpone the exam than failing!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts