USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took NBME 17 and my score dropped 17 points (missed 9 more questions compared to 16) from NBME 16 (took 1 week ago). I'm planning on taking step 1 in less than 2 weeks and I am kind of panicking and don't know what to think. Has anyone recently taken step1 and took the recent NBMEs and found ur actual score closer to 17 over 16?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just took NBME 17 and my score dropped 17 points (missed 9 more questions compared to 16) from NBME 16 (took 1 week ago). I'm planning on taking step 1 in less than 2 weeks and I am kind of panicking and don't know what to think. Has anyone recently taken step1 and took the recent NBMEs and found ur actual score closer to 17 over 16?
Ok now calm down. SD is cca 10 pts. So take that into account. You may have underperformed today. Maybe you were stressed. I don't know. Don't freak out. Trust me, the last thing you want to do now is panick. Take those two weeks and work as much as you can. Give FA (or whatever primary source you're using) another go. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@quacky.mcquacky
lol ok thanks ya i just panicked bc 17 points is the most i've dropped so far. it was usually just like +/- 4. after looking back at the questions i got wrong i second guessed myself a lot. just hope i don't do that on the real exam.. :S
anyways, do u have any tips for what to focus on the last 10ish days? should i just read thru FA again?
thanks for ur input

·
Registered
163 Posts
@quacky.mcquacky
lol ok thanks ya i just panicked bc 17 points is the most i've dropped so far. it was usually just like +/- 4. after looking back at the questions i got wrong i second guessed myself a lot. just hope i don't do that on the real exam.. :S
anyways, do u have any tips for what to focus on the last 10ish days? should i just read thru FA again?
thanks for ur input
Hi, well, it depends. On your style of studying. But you have two choices - go through FA in a crazy pace and finish the whole book in this short time. Or, look at the things you haven't revised lately/ are weaker in and just go through them. The important thing right now is to gain confidence that you know the material covered in FA. You've learned all that already, you just need a one more exposure to the material to have it fresh in your memory.
Make sure to know all the biostats equations, so that you don't waste time on them on the test day.
Wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
219 Posts
How much did you get?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts