USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !!

I did NBME 4 today offline and got 78 percent of my questions right!!
is that a good score??
can anyone please tell me how to convert the score into the percentile in NBME??
and is the amount of questions i got right good enough for 99 percentile??
am kinda worried!! :confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi !!

I did NBME 4 today offline and got 78 percent of my questions right!!
is that a good score??
can anyone please tell me how to convert the score into the percentile in NBME??
and is the amount of questions i got right good enough for 99 percentile??
am kinda worried!! :confused:
yep how can u say u got 78% questions ryt???

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did all the sections of NBME 4 in a single sitting of 4 hours allowing a 10 minute break between 2nd and 3rd section ..wrote the answers down in a copy with each question number ...then when i finished the whole thing i cross-checked the answers i had written with the correct answers of NBME 4 that was in a separate word file then calculated the percentage....:)...well can anyone please tell me how good is that???:scared:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
i did all the sections of NBME 4 in a single sitting of 4 hours allowing a 10 minute break between 2nd and 3rd section ..wrote the answers down in a copy with each question number ...then when i finished the whole thing i cross-checked the answers i had written with the correct answers of NBME 4 that was in a separate word file then calculated the percentage....:)...well can anyone please tell me how good is that???:scared:
The list of correct answers that you have was written by somebody who "thinks" these are the correct answers and perhaps you yourself better than him.
So the percentage you are "thinking" that you have is totally wrong my dear.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It means 99 if it is correct

78% in NBME means definitely you will get 99 in your USMLE Step 1. However, as the people are telling you, it might be incorrect. Therefore, if you really want to predict your score, you have to take the official online NBME and it worth every penny because the NBME prediction is very accurate but don't rely on the offline NBME.

·
Registered
365 Posts
78% in NBME means definitely you will get 99 in your USMLE Step 1. However, as the people are telling you, it might be correct. Therefore, if you really want to predict your score, you have to take the official online NBME and it worths every penny because the NBME prediction is very accurate but don't rely on the offline NBME.
Please don't take this as a rude statement.

But if you are spending all this time studying and putting everything you have into your step 1, why would you want to cheap out on an exam that can give you a really good "ball park" picture of how you could do in your exam?

NBMEs are great if you use them in proper situations.

Go online and take the official NBME exam 6. Spend the extra cash and get the extended version to get a really good picture of how you will do and where you went wrong in your questions.

Keep up the good fight buddy! If you really did get 78% right, then you are well on your way to step 2!

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts