USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!!

I just took NBME form 7 and I got a score of 490 that's 220.. I got 62% in UWSA1 and 68% in UWSA2.. I got exam in 9 days.. these days I am not able to study much may be due to anxiety.. do u think I should postpone the exam?? I know my weak areas and I guess I can revise that in 3 days..

plz help!!!:notsure:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Shikha, it depends on what sort of a score you are aiming for.. If you are looking for a score of 220ish then 10 days of review should suffice. But if you are planning for a 230-240 score then you might need to revise a bit more and take an NBME..?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I don't want to scare you

It looks like you are not very well prepared.

First of all the UWSA does not give percentages it gives scores like the NBME. So are you sure you did the right UWSA!

Second, if you are so anxious in the last days, then you won't do good in the exam and you will likely fail it.

I don't want to scare you but I don't want you to ruin your future.

Revise more, relax, do more questions, then do another NBME and once you cross the 500 score you are good to go and take the exam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the scores in uwsa1 was 490 thts 216 n in uwsa2 was 540 thts 228.. do u think postponing the exam is gonna help me?? newaz m trying to target my weak areas. vl take another nbme n then decide.. 220 is very bad??? m really scared now..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n which form should I take now?? n should I just revise FA or patho from Goljan again!???????? HELP

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey there.. stay calm!!

Your scores are good and your probably going to pass with good grades... Wht i would suggest now is to just read the FA book... Theres no point in doing any more assessements and its more important to just go over small but quickly reviewable subjects in the FA book.

220 is a good score, specially since the USMLE is getting harder and harder each year.. So dont think 220 is bad, its actually really really good now.

Reactions: shikha

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree with JJ that 220 these days is not that bad a score. And if you revise your weak areas - specially from first aid im sure that gets you a few points bonus.

I would suggest form 6, apart from form 7 that is the closest to the exam. Good Luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
relax

agreed...........
220 is a good score now a days
it corresppond sto late 90s two digit score
you have 10 more days
take a deep breath and revise FA
you will be fine
you should do deep breathing exercises regularly
God bless you :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank u so much guys... u have helped me a lot in gaining back my confidence!! m gonna make full use of this tym n see wat happens.. :happy:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Dont worry ! God Bless You !

Reactions: shikha
1 - 10 of 10 Posts