USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone ,,
My exame is in 26th tis mth .today my nbme 7 score is 450 , a week ago UW 1 score was 470 .. I am looking for > 90 score in exame , i have 1 weeks to go should i go for it ? ,, Plz plz give yr advice and also this month is the last month of my extended window period .if i extend to next window i hv to pay fee ..plz help .. thanks for yr advices ..

·
Registered
220 Posts
hi everyone ,,
My exame is in 26th tis mth .today my nbme 7 score is 450 , a week ago UW 1 score was 470 .. I am looking for > 90 score in exame , i have 1 weeks to go should i go for it ? ,, Plz plz give yr advice and also this month is the last month of my extended window period .if i extend to next window i hv to pay fee ..plz help .. thanks for yr advices ..
450 corresponds to 210 if i am correct which is at the 86-88 two digit score. Don't forget that the prediction is always +-10 so you are around 200-220. If everything depends on your score my advise is to postpone in order to be 100% sure that you go >90. However, if you want to risk a little bit then with intense studying you mght be able to achieve this. Did you do UW qbank? What was your average?

·
Registered
161 Posts
hi everyone ,,
hey,i also agree with tkourkau.u should consider postponing your exam and if that is really not possible.then,
1-review each and every page of fa.if u are getting less it must mean that u are still not thorough wit fa.try to memorize it as much as u can.
2-do only those questions from u world which u did wrong,and associate them wit fa.
3-have confidence and faith that u have worked hard and this is your best shot.do nbme 6 next week after thorough fa review.am sure your score will come up.:)

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you're absolutely set on that 90+ score, I'd postpone... 740 is nothing compared to the value of your time and effort... Your score does not guarantee a 90+, but you know you're capable of getting in that range.

It really depends on you, though, if you're sure you've covered everything and additional time will only get you to do stuff you've already done - go write it and focus on getting the highest score you can. If you're really not ready, then postpone. The score is pretty good, it just doesn't "guarantee" a 90+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts