USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just completed an online nbme 7 and scored 630/251 but I did it self-paced and took approximately 2 hrs to answer each block. I found nbme 7 questions really long and time consuming and now I'm worried if I will face this difficulty on the real step which I'm taking next week???

I completed uworld 100% TIMED, unused, mixed and averaged 70%; an didnt have difficulty with timing on that.

I read online from forum member's experience that nbme 7 questions were too long to complete on time so that made me purchase the self-paced version..

So now I'm afraid that the 630/251 I scored is not very accurate to use as a correlation since I took 2hrs per block on it...

Any advice or insight on the question lengths on the real step exam??

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think the advice that you should do the self paced version was probably not the best advice. On the real thing you will have to complete your test within the allotted time, whether the questions are complicated or not. I think we have to train our brains to work faster, and that comes with practice.
That being said, 251 is an excellent score, and shows that you understand the material well. However, since you didn't take it under exam conditions (i.e. timing, anxiety level, etc), I don't think that's a good predictor. I would take another NBME under exam conditions and use that as a predictor. GL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the advice that you should do the self paced version was probably not the best advice. On the real thing you will have to complete your test within the allotted time, whether the questions are complicated or not. I think we have to train our brains to work faster, and that comes with practice.
That being said, 251 is an excellent score, and shows that you understand the material well. However, since you didn't take it under exam conditions (i.e. timing, anxiety level, etc), I don't think that's a good predictor. I would take another NBME under exam conditions and use that as a predictor. GL
Couple weeks back i took an offline NBME 6 and got 157/200

but today i just took UWSA 1 and got 640/247...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi, do you know how many questions you answered correctly on your exam ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts