USMLE Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am so depressed got very bad score on NBME 11 , 214 , 5 days ago got 238 on uwsa2 , what is happening ,????
exam in 3 weeks ???
I really dont know what to do??

please any one has NBME 11 offline??
I need it necessary , i am really shocked , I expected more at least 220 , but not 214 ????

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ DocSikorski
thanks alot , do u have it offline , I really need it

@ MedPharm I did NBME 7 one month back and got 210 ,it is impossible that I have only 4 increase
I was expexcting 220 , now i really dont know how to improve and what to do , I cant even understand it??

·
Registered
443 Posts
i have it offline..solved block 1 and 3..but the answers given suck...they are horrible..and dont judge urselves only by NBMEs..thats how i think..if u look at recent steptakers...there is wide variance in NBME score and real score and one successful steptaker hasnot given a single NBME..just judge it by ur level of satisfaction...i wud go by this way./..so though my exam is in april 2nd..i have left NBMEs for last 2 weeks and uwsas also for it:)gl:)

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have it offline..solved block 1 and 3..but the answers given suck...they are horrible..and dont judge urselves only by NBMEs..thats how i think..if u look at recent steptakers...there is wide variance in NBME score and real score and one successful steptaker hasnot given a single NBME..just judge it by ur level of satisfaction...i wud go by this way./..so though my exam is in april 2nd..i have left NBMEs for last 2 weeks and uwsas also for it:)gl:)
yes , but for me if i depend on satisfaction , i will never get the exam , how much u got when u did it offline??

my exam in 3 weeks and cant postpone , i dont know how to improve ??

can u send it for me , i will pm my email

·
Registered
861 Posts
@flowerlady:

There's that harsh reality that uwsa 2 somewhat overpredicts, but to cheer you up:

I haven't taken the nbmes yet, but from feedbacks here, it looks like each nbme/uwsa have different question distributions among subjects. Don't judge yourself by what one nbme tells you. Judge your prep as a collective whole, taking into account all nbmes/uwsas.

If the nbme you took was mostly mol. bio and you did poorly on that nbme, it might mean that you are poor in mol. bio. I don't think it means you have slipped as a whole (in all subjects or in your prep in general).

@everyone else:
Where did you guys get offline nbme 7-12?? Kindly pm me the link. Thankee! :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i kind of disagree with the comments above.
nbmes are the best indication you have of where you are.
uwsa's are fun to do and all but they overpredict.
and going based on "self-satisfaction" is comforting and warm and fuzzy and all but its misleading and it doesn't justify all the hard work you've done thus far.

your exam is close, its not the time to sugar coat things.

if i were in your position i would take another nbme to confirm where you are, as maybe you just performed poorly on this one.
try nbme 7 or 12 (online).

·
Registered
861 Posts
There are two types of proverbial truths:

1. The truth that hurts.
2. The truth that will set you free.

NBMEs really hit us hard with no. 1. I wonder which is more painful?

Having a low nbme score or being left at the altar???

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
There are two types of proverbial truths:

1. The truth that hurts.
2. The truth that will set you free.

NBMEs really hit us hard with no. 1. I wonder which is more painful?

Having a low nbme score or being left at the altar???
very wise words.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i kind of disagree with the comments above.
nbmes are the best indication you have of where you are.
uwsa's are fun to do and all but they overpredict.
and going based on "self-satisfaction" is comforting and warm and fuzzy and all but its misleading and it doesn't justify all the hard work you've done thus far.

your exam is close, its not the time to sugar coat things.

if i were in your position i would take another nbme to confirm where you are, as maybe you just performed poorly on this one.
try nbme 7 or 12 (online)
what is most strange is that the subject that i was very good in it in last NBME are now low and subjects used to be low are now much more better

thank you so much that is what i must hear the problem is that i dont know how to improve myself

how u know which subjects tested more in exam , I mean does the assesment in NBME result , the width of each subject indicate something???

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am so depressed got very bad score on NBME 11 , 214 , 5 days ago got 238 on uwsa2 , what is happening ,????
exam in 3 weeks ???
I really dont know what to do??

please any one has NBME 11 offline??
I need it necessary , i am really shocked , I expected more at least 220 , but not 214 ????
Its one of the toughest NBMES. Dont be disappointed as it would lead you no where. The only thing you can do is to Revise FA at this point and then take another NBME after revising FA! I myself made so many silly mistakes in NBME 12 that I started thinking of taking an IQ test before attempting another NBME! :D Jokes apart, Its not the real thing. So, get over it and Study like a Champ! Hopefully you will score much higher in Step 1 exam as you now know your weaknesses!!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Request for offline NBME 11 (12 too if possible)

Hi guys, I have recently completed NBME 11 online expanded feedback. I went through all my wrong answers but want to see the ones I got right too! If anyone has NBME 11 would they please be so kind as to email it to me?

[email protected]

Very much appreciated, best of luck to all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts